[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Welker/Favre

3rd and schlong

What do you think of these guys? Welker coming off his injury, and farve being sort of a risky pick. I love welker in a ppr, but im still unsure about his knee.

If your in a PPR league, Welker is king. I'd get Brandon Tate as a handcuff because I suspect if Welker was to ever go down, Tate will fill that slot position, and nicely mind you :wacko:

Favre is going to be a tricky one to evaluate concerning his ADP. Right now you can get him very cheap (6th - 8th round). Come August though, his value will shoot up the boards and he'll be gone somewhere around the 3rd-5th.

If your in a PPR league, Welker is king. I'd get Brandon Tate as a handcuff because I suspect if Welker was to ever go down, Tate will fill that slot position, and nicely mind you :tup:

Oh yeah..and I got Tate on the cheap in LLD. :wacko:

Anyone expecting Favre to repeat last season will probably be sorely disappointed. Likewise, I am totally unconvinced that the slot machine will pick right up where he left off. Short passes, juking and cutting gets Welker his yards. I think he will probably be overvalued in drafts as well.

Yeah, I get a chuckle out of people that delude themselves into believing they can crawl inside the mind of Belichick. Hilarious folly.

these two players don't matter to me because I don't plan on taking either unless they can be had at a bargain....

I always try to go with youth/prime unless a player has a great situation regardless of age and still has some left in the tank...

= Brett Favre :wacko:

that's the thing...I would like Favre more if the Vikings D was mediocre or worse....

he has a great situation, but is only forced to throw a lot in certain games, plus I'm not sure how much he'll have left in the tank...

that's the thing...I would like Favre more if the Vikings D was mediocre or worse....

he has a great situation, but is only forced to throw a lot in certain games, plus I'm not sure how much he'll have left in the tank...

Does everyone think Favre will really be drafted in the middle rounds once he is definitely (officially) coming back as Taz has stated?

Does everyone think Favre will really be drafted in the middle rounds once he is definitely (officially) coming back as Taz has stated?

I think in a non-keeper league, if Favre commits to returning, he will be the 5th-8th QB off the board, probably in the 4th-6th rounds. Earlier than I am likely willing to draft him.

I think a Favre return has more affect on Rice's value than any other player really.

And to some extent Shianco, who was a red-zone favorite of Favre's.

Actually, I think with Farve, Shianco becomes a top .... er.... 8 TE. I was going to say 5, but to many other good TE's to rank him that high. But 8 is I think pretty consistant.