[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odyssey White Steel 2 Ball Blade putter

Missoula Griz

I have been using an Odyssey 2-ball putter for the past 4-5 years. Can't say for sure (didn't bring it to work with me) if it's the one you're looking at or not. I can tell you that I love it, and I've never ran into anybody who did NOT like their Odyssey putter (Of course, take that for what it's worth, since the people who don't like them probably aren't using them, obviously).

The other thing I can say is this... with this putter, I have more confidence than ever before on the short putts. From the 3-6 foot range, I honestly feel like I'm going to make every putt that I attempt. Distance control on lag putts is another story, but I think that has more to do with feel and being familiar with your particular putter, and less with the type or design of the putter you use. But, in terms of simply stepping up and knocking in those 4-5 foot puts, the Odyssey 2-ball is the best I've used. When I started putting with mine, the difference in confidence on shorter putts was almost immediate.

I have one laying around. Are you getting a two ball or getting rid of it? I am letting one of my friends use it and he likes it. He is a mallet style guy. I found that on short putts I had to really stand over the ball or I would pull/push the putt. I have several blade putters, now ...

I use a tellurium copper blade made at prariegolf.com. They have their own mill and make their own clubs. Also, I have a Cleveland nickel blade putter. my favorite is the Scotty Cameron Napa blade.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I have been using an Odyssey 2-ball putter for the past 4-5 years. Can't say for sure (didn't bring it to work with me) if it's the one you're looking at or not. I can tell you that I love it, and I've never ran into anybody who did NOT like their Odyssey putter (Of course, take that for what it's worth, since the people who don't like them probably aren't using them, obviously).

The other thing I can say is this... with this putter, I have more confidence than ever before on the short putts. From the 3-6 foot range, I honestly feel like I'm going to make every putt that I attempt. Distance control on lag putts is another story, but I think that has more to do with feel and being familiar with your particular putter, and less with the type or design of the putter you use. But, in terms of simply stepping up and knocking in those 4-5 foot puts, the Odyssey 2-ball is the best I've used. When I started putting with mine, the difference in confidence on shorter putts was almost immediate.

I must have been typing at the same time as you, LOL. While I do feel it is one of the best mallet putters around, I would also agree with you about the very long putts and distance control. The only other downfall is that you cannot pick up your ball with your putter, unless you put one of those little chef's hats on the end of the grip.

I put a black and white strpied grip on mine.

I am not a fan :wacko: I get to demo clubs all the time at work, and I just never liked the feel of the 2 ball putter. Then again, putters are all about individual feel and comfort anyways . . .

I actually have gone back to a 20 year old mallet putter that works best for me.

I am not a fan :wacko: I get to demo clubs all the time at work, and I just never liked the feel of the 2 ball putter. Then again, putters are all about individual feel and comfort anyways . . .

I actually have gone back to a 20 year old mallet putter that works best for me.

I like old putters, too. Cool thing about the tellurium copper is that it gets knicked up with age and that gives it a cool look and a little character.

putters are all about individual feel and comfort anyways

Good info here. The best advice is try it and see how you like it. The price of $45 certainly is right.

I just got a 2 ball Odyssey and love it so far (not the exact blade one though). To me, the optical illusion it creats makes aiming much easier. I also love the feel off the surface. I'd demo one at a local golf galaxy or something but they are pretty solid IMO (although I agree that everybody has a different style with putting).

I just got a 2 ball Odyssey and love it so far (not the exact blade one though). To me, the optical illusion it creats makes aiming much easier. I also love the feel off the surface. I'd demo one at a local golf galaxy or something but they are pretty solid IMO (although I agree that everybody has a different style with putting).

With me the visual of a "line" on my putter is much better for me then the 2 ball alignmnet. I also draw a line across my ball to better aim after I mark and clean, so it naturally lies up. To each their own, especially when it comes to putters . . .

With me the visual of a "line" on my putter is much better for me then the 2 ball alignmnet. I also draw a line across my ball to better aim after I mark and clean, so it naturally lies up. To each their own, especially when it comes to putters . . .

+1 all the way around.

Anyone have this in their golf bag. Looking to upgrade on my old putter. I see them sale used on ebay for around $45.00.

Any insight would be appreicated.

:wacko: to the Odyssey 2-ball putter. I've been using one for the last 3-4 years & really like it.

The 2-Ball has been the top selling putter in the world over the past five years. Tons of people love it. I do like the "blade" design a little better than the traditional 2-ball, but as the guys have said, putter is almost completely personal preference. They were also correct that mallet putters are much better for short putts (belly putters are even better!), while blade putters tend to be a bit better for distance control. It breaks a lot of rules, but I actally keep two putters in my car. I typically put with an older Mezza Monza, but if I'm playing greens that are extremely quick I'll take my Scotty Cameron.

Edited by Seahawks21