[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Job Interview - Finally

Footballjoe

like youve said, even if you do sell your current home, renting might not be a bad option. you could find out what places and hoods are nice in your new town. it also gives you flexibility if you dont like the new job. granted, it can be a pain in the butt.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like youve said, even if you do sell your current home, renting might not be a bad option. you could find out what places and hoods are nice in your new town. it also gives you flexibility if you dont like the new job. granted, it can be a pain in the butt.

Selling my current home is no longer an option with the loss I would take. Renting for one year is doable but I do not wanna be a renter and have to worry about what the owner of the home is going to do from year to year and be constantly moving. I know I am sounding negative about this but thats my thinking right now. Gotta look at the good and the bad and right now I am seeing the bad.

Just got a call from HR. They cannot give me an answer on the pay scale until next week but want an answer by tomorrow if I want the job. :wacko:

Don't make any sense. I could always accept the job and then change my mind next week but that's not right. Looking like I will pass on this one although I will sleep on it tonight. That is, if I sleep. :tup:

I offically turned the job down. Although I would have liked the job I could not make the $$$ work. Appreciate everyones advice. I learned a lot from this expierence and hopefully it should help me with the job I have applied for this morning, also in Durham. :wacko: The pay would be much better.

:tup: We can now officially close this thread.

Just got a call from HR. They cannot give me an answer on the pay scale until next week but want an answer by tomorrow if I want the job. :wacko:

Don't make any sense. I could always accept the job and then change my mind next week but that's not right. Looking like I will pass on this one although I will sleep on it tonight. That is, if I sleep. :tup:

Neither does that sentence. :tup:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I had two responses for jobs since I turned down this job. I interviewed with the City of Norfolk but they were not willing to negotiate the pay. The other was set up for tomorrow morning with thte City of Durham. I canceled the interview because they were not willing to negotiate either. The job in Durham would have been nice if they were willing to start me at the mid pay scale. I guess with the economy the way it is they figure they will get someone the minimum. :wacko:

Edited by Footballjoe

I offically turned the job down. Although I would have liked the job I could not make the $$$ work. Appreciate everyones advice. I learned a lot from this expierence and hopefully it should help me with the job I have applied for this morning, also in Durham. :wacko: The pay would be much better.

:tup: We can now officially close this thread.

:tup:

Too Soon?

• 3 months later...

Not much out there. i have applied for a few more jobs in the city I work but never heard back. That is discouraging since my resume match up exactly with a job discription for a codes inspector opening.

I did get some really good news yesterday though. The city will be turning over all of their demolition work to me (Housing Authority) beginning in Janurary. That will give me plenty of work for the next year and hopefully into the future. They do a lot of slum / blight demo work. Maybe after a year or so i can put a bug in thew city's ear to hire me instead of contracting out their work. :wacko:

P.S. More good news. Just got an email that we wil be shutting down at 12:00 due to an upcoming snow storm.

I did get some really good news yesterday though. The city will be turning over all of their demolition work to me (Housing Authority) beginning in Janurary. That will give me plenty of work for the next year and hopefully into the future. They do a lot of slum / blight demo work. Maybe after a year or so i can put a bug in thew city's ear to hire me instead of contracting out their work. :tup:

nice :wacko: