[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting a Keeper League this year

benyak007

One of my leagues has decided to start a keeper league this season. 12 teams PPR, QB RB RB WR WR TE FLEX K DEF 15 roster spaces. Basic rules i.e. no keepers from rounds 1 or 2, you can only keep 3, draft picks are tradeable, etc.

The commissioner did a lottery to determine draft position for this year and the idea is for following seasons, draft slots will be based on finishing place order. He sent an email yesterday saying the following:

"For the draft next year I was thinking of how this should be done since draft positions will be determined by standings as well as be available for trade. With these considerations plus the advantage of keepers I want to have a vote on how to hold all following drafts.

Option A:

Draft order will remain serpentine style (1-12, 12-1), with pick one being last place and position 12 being first place.

Option B:

Draft order to change to standard order (1-12, 1-12), with pick one being last place and position 12 being first place.

I feel that changing draft styles to option B is the best given the changes to the league. This will allow for draft positions in trades to become more influential in your decisions, as well as force tough decisions at the end of each season for keepers."

Do you guys feel that Option B is fair? Seems like anybody that does well but doesn't win would be screwed. I was thinking that if the draft does end up like that, you should be able to keep any two of your players. Does anybody play in a keeper league where there is a linear draft like this? Any advice or ideas? Our draft is in a week and a half and there is still a lot of disagreement. Thanks Huddlers!

- Ben

we draft from worst to first in the keeper league and dynasty league I am in. Its the best way to allow teams to rebuild and keep things competative.

we let worst to first pick their draft position, and we do the ole 1-10,10-1,10-1,1-10, repeat