[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ravens taking offers on willis

potential landing spots???

denver? washington?? both seem like pretty good fits for me....anybody see any other good matches???

The Ravens.

These rumors have been going on since before the first preseason game, but after a dissapointing showing from Parmele, it seems unlikely that they would leave it up to him and McClain, who's struggled with ball security. I think he stays, but as nothing more than Rices' backup.

But they could use a vertean DB right now. so the most likely landing spot is whoever can give up that.

Why would the Redskins add yet another back to their already crowded backfield?

The Pat's would potentially make some sense as they remain unhappy with their RB situation and have no problem giving veteran RBs a shot.

in all honesty i forgot torain was in washington....theres no way both willie and LJ are making that team...but i totally forgot about torain....so yeah yer right there

the pats? maybe...i mean...i dunno if fred taylor has anything left....and sammy might not have much left either and is always banged up...im waiting for maroney to take command of the job....he was a couple of fumbles away from doing just that last year imo

Why would the Redskins add yet another back to their already crowded backfield?

The Pat's would potentially make some sense as they remain unhappy with their RB situation and have no problem giving veteran RBs a shot.

hey washington d...gotta question for you while yer here....how is kevin barnes developing and how is he viewed? he was a pre draft sleeper of mine before the draft last year....i was wondering how hes doing and if they see him as a potential starter down the road....i felt my feelings on him were validated a little when the local team nabbed him in the 3rd

Maroney's problems aren't just the fumbles, it's the happy feet that kills him...he spends far too much time stuttering and not enough time stepping, until he decides to become a decisive RB he'll never be able to be a "feature" type guy

As far as Barnes goes (and unfortunately I live in Boston so i don't get to hear the local talk radio in DC), everything I've read and heard from my fellow homers down there says they like his size and athletic ability, but he hasn't consistently played smart enough in coverage to break through the depth chart. There were some hopes he'd push for nickel corner this year because of his athletic ability, but apparently he hasn't shown enough in practice to make that even close to a reality....barring an injury I think he's a depth guy this year...and hopefully a guy who can continue to learn the craft and then be a contributor in 2011.

WD

REALLY? Is NO ONE with me on St. Louis? I think the Rams are the most OBVIOUS team that needs McGahee... they were super close to signing Westbrook... how could they pass up McGahee given the chance? S-Jax WILL break down at some point this season if he continues to carry the ball 25+ times per game.

Maroney's problems aren't just the fumbles, it's the happy feet that kills him...he spends far too much time stuttering and not enough time stepping, until he decides to become a decisive RB he'll never be able to be a "feature" type guy

As far as Barnes goes (and unfortunately I live in Boston so i don't get to hear the local talk radio in DC), everything I've read and heard from my fellow homers down there says they like his size and athletic ability, but he hasn't consistently played smart enough in coverage to break through the depth chart. There were some hopes he'd push for nickel corner this year because of his athletic ability, but apparently he hasn't shown enough in practice to make that even close to a reality....barring an injury I think he's a depth guy this year...and hopefully a guy who can continue to learn the craft and then be a contributor in 2011.

WD

thaks for the input on barnes

although id disagree with you on maroney....i think you are reading from the pre 09 book on maroney...i thought he was making some strides last year in hitting holes quicker and trusting them(along with trusting his shoulder)....i also felt like bb was really liking what he was doing....but when he put that ball on the ground at the goal line in buffalo...he really lost it...he went from carrying the ball 20 + times in the carolina and buffalo games to touching it 5 times in the following two games....bellichick was starting to like what he was doing and trusting him...but the fumbling problems really disappointed him and put maroney back in the doghouse

REALLY? Is NO ONE with me on St. Louis? I think the Rams are the most OBVIOUS team that needs McGahee... they were super close to signing Westbrook... how could they pass up McGahee given the chance? S-Jax WILL break down at some point this season if he continues to carry the ball 25+ times per game.

Yeah, except for that little part about giving up draft pick(s) when they know they are in full rebuilding mode for a RB who is coming up on the last couple of years on his career. STL picking up McGahee make no sense for their long term goals whatsoever.

NFL GMs don't think like FF owners...

I agree St. Louis needs someone to give SJax a break....but you're talking about a team that will be lucky to win 6 games. They are not going trade anything of value (i.e draft pick) for the incremental benefit of addiing a RB that isn't going to mean much in terms of additional wins. Someone else will offer the Ravens more for Mcgahee than the Rams will.

St. Louis is much more likely to sign someone who gets cut when the rosters are pared down.,,,perhaps one of the Redskins or Broncos cast-offs. Someone they will pay the veteran minimum to carry the ball 4-5 times per game.

i could see it.....they are going to have to rely heavily on that run...and hope that the passing game can give them just enough to keep some drives going....if jason brown and jacob bell can stay healthy....and jason smith can settle in and improve....i think the offensive line is actually a bit underrated at least as far as run blocking(this also of course hinges on saffolds ability to stay healthy, i think hes had some injury issues in camp, and ability to settle in at LT)....but i know bradford got pounded in his debut...jackson and mchagee pounding the rock would give them a good foundation...and might help open some passing lanes....id love jackson except i fear the passing game wont afford him the opporunties to score...and the 4 tds arent cutting it although 1400 yards is nice

i agree with billy and swam....st louis isnt likely to part with anything valuable enough to entice baltimore though...

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

Yeah, except for that little part about giving up draft pick(s) when they know they are in full rebuilding mode for a RB who is coming up on the last couple of years on his career. STL picking up McGahee make no sense for their long term goals whatsoever.

NFL GMs don't think like FF owners...

+1000 Not a good fit for a team in young rebuilding mode so NO not with ya at all on this one Chris Everett

See Post Above.... :wacko:

The Ravens.

These rumors have been going on since before the first preseason game, but after a dissapointing showing from Parmele, it seems unlikely that they would leave it up to him and McClain, who's struggled with ball security. I think he stays, but as nothing more than Rices' backup.

But they could use a vertean DB right now. so the most likely landing spot is whoever can give up that.

I can tell you the most logical team that needs RB help and can give up a DB: The Denver Broncos. They have a decent amount of DB depth, and they have no legitimate depth at RB with Knowshon and Buckhalter dinged. Plus, it's obvious that McDaniels has no issue trading away players. McGahee's services could be useful in Denver right now. Not sure who they'd move... Maybe Alphonso Smith?