[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Turner or Gore at #5

Eagle2003

I am having the toughest time trying to decide who to take between Turner or Gore this year. I like Turner, but most sites have Gore a few spots ahead of Turner.

Pros

Gore_ one of the easiest schedules in the league and is involved in all aspects of the game. If not for missing a few games would have ended up top 4 overall last year in my league.

Turner_ also was hurt last year. Should collectively get more touches than Gore. They are trying to get him more involved in the passing game.

Cons

Gore_ will most likely miss at least 1 game this year due to some type of injury. Has had 2 knee surgeries (although in college_)

Turner_ Tougher schedule.

Please help with my madness.

I am picking #5 in a non-PPR as well, and had settled on Turner. But, I think the retirement of Glen Coffee makes Gore more attractive, because now his primary backup is brand new to the offense, so it is unlikely that Westbrook will get regular touches anytime soon. But, I am still leaning towards Turner, because he has scored 27 TD's in 27 starts for Atlanta.

Re-read your "Pro" on Gore, and you have your answer. Anybody can miss games. Gore has what it takes to be a top 4 back. I'm rolling with him in two drafts where I draft five as well... don't overthink it. Basically, they are equal (although for different reasons) so use the schedule as the tiebreaker.

Gore will probably end up with more total yards and Turner with more TD's (that 27 TD's in 27 games stat is impressive).

slight edge to Gore w/ the schedule: @SD and @St. L.

Turner is @ Sea and Home vs. NO (my leagues are all 4 team playoffs)

I have a little more confidence in Turner remaining healthy

It really seems pretty even.

I am picking #5 in a non-PPR as well, and had settled on Turner. But, I think the retirement of Glen Coffee makes Gore more attractive, because now his primary backup is brand new to the offense, so it is unlikely that Westbrook will get regular touches anytime soon. But, I am still leaning towards Turner, because he has scored 27 TD's in 27 starts for Atlanta.

Coffee had like 10 carries last year (other than the games where Gore was hurt) - it's hard to get much less than that.