[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gamble on Lesser RBs in the 11th Spot?

Been mocking, and thinking, and mocking, and thinking. I am in a high scoring PPR, start 1 QB 2 RBs 3 WRs 1 TE 1 K and 1 DEF. We have a bonus of 10 pts for 100 yards rushing/300 yards passing, 6 pt TDs for everything, 8 pt bonus for 100 yards receiving.

Been toying with these two first 4 round strats

Wayne/Marshall/Romo/Gates

or

Rodgers/Marshall/Crabtree/Gates

I am willing to gamble on late round backs ( round 5,6,7,8 unless a gem falls my way) Which of these two do you think is a stronger start?

Thanks ahead of time, and link your post and I will respond.

I also have the 11th spot in an upcoming draft...I'm opting to aim for Wayne/White or Austin with the first 2...I don't really like Marshall this year. New team, new offense, new QB...3 strikes in my book. 3rd and 4th I'm

probably going to go RB/RB or QB/ RB...you don't needs Gates in the 4th IMO...TE's are deep this year. You can probably snag Celek or Daniels maybe Witten in the 5th...Not much dropoff from Gates instead of snagging a RB in the 5th...you'll probably end up with Ronnie Brown or Portis...which I am both avoiding...Good Luck in your Draft 

I am a huge ARodgers fan...but I still believe the Wayne/Romo combo will rack up more bonus points in your league than Rodgers/Crabttree combo.

With all his injuries and lingering foot issues, Gates has lost a step or two over the years...but he still gets open, is still an impossible matchup problem, and still has unreal hands.

I am concerned that the lack of any good WR will actually hurt Gates some as teams will key on him. While I think Gates is still elite, I see Finley as the rising TE with the real chance to destroy the league this year.

I also have the 11th spot in an upcoming draft...I'm opting to aim for Wayne/White or Austin with the first 2...I don't really like Marshall this year. New team, new offense, new QB...3 strikes in my book. 3rd and 4th I'm

probably going to go RB/RB or QB/ RB...you don't needs Gates in the 4th IMO...TE's are deep this year. You can probably snag Celek or Daniels maybe Witten in the 5th...Not much dropoff from Gates instead of snagging a RB in the 5th...you'll probably end up with Ronnie Brown or Portis...which I am both avoiding...Good Luck in your Draft 

I agree with him. I'd take WR/WR with the first two and I also am avoiding Marshall for the same reasons. You can wait on TE this year and still end up with a really solid starter. Draft your two RBs or QB in rounds 3 and 4 depending on whos there basically take the best player available at those positions. I however have no problem taking Brown he will be solid at the beginning of the season then trade him before he gets hurt.

To answer your question though I would take the situation where you get Romo.

The drop off is much less between Rodgers and Romo than it is with Wayne and Crabtree. Romo might score more points than Rodgers key word might. My point is he has the ability and the team to where there is no way Crabtree can score more points than Wayne this year. It's pretty much comes down to simple math between the two situations.