[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Importance of 4 QBs

Chris1982

I play in a 2 QB league, 12 teams.

I have 4 active QBs on my roster (Schaub, Orton, Cassel, Sanchez).

Schaub, Orton and Cassel all have different bye weeks.

I am hoping for some of advise on the importance of QBs in a 2 QB league. I want to pick up the handcuff to my stud RB, but do not have the roster space.

Do you think it's important to have 4 QBs in a 2 QB league, or is 3 enough? I've been trying to use my 4th QB as trade bait to teams who only have 2 QBs, but no one is biting.

Is it safe to drop Sanchez and pick up my stud's handcuff, or should I hold onto the 4 QBs?

Well Schaub is going to be a designated starter so it's between Orton, Sanchez, and Cassel. I would drop one of them, especially since they all have different bye weeks so you only really need 3 QBs. I would pick between Cassel and Sanchez since they are the two sleepers. I'm not a fan of Sanchez so I would go with Cassel but I would definitely drop one of them.

What handcuff are you trying to pick up. The real decision is whether or not it is even worth it to go for a handcuff.

In a 12 team, start 2 QB league, hat is 24 every wek starters with only 8 backup QBs available to teams, and you have 2 of them. That is hugh. I would strongly reccomend not dropping any of those QBs. Once injuries start (and they will start) and owners realize they can't field a full lineup, you are the one that will be getting the calls for trades and holding the leverage. The value of Qbs in a start 2 league can not be understated.

Would really need to see the rest of your roster to try find a different player to drop if it is really that important to you to pickup a backup player.

Alright... 12 team, PPR (0.5 points), head-to-head.

I want to pick up Dixon to handcuff Gore.

QB - Schaub, Orton

RB - Gore, Foster

WR - Hines Ward, Derrick Mason, Chris Chambers, Jabar Gaffney

TE - Antonio Gates, Vernon Davis

Flex - Jonathan Stewart

Bench - Mark Sanchez, Mohammed Massaquoi, Kevin Walter, Matt Cassel, Jerome Harrison, Legedu Nannee, Laurent Robinson

DEF - NY Jets

IDP - Patrick Willis, Jon Beason

What handcuff are you trying to pick up. The real decision is whether or not it is even worth it to go for a handcuff.

In a 12 team, start 2 QB league, hat is 24 every wek starters with only 8 backup QBs available to teams, and you have 2 of them. That is hugh. I would strongly reccomend not dropping any of those QBs. Once injuries start (and they will start) and owners realize they can't field a full lineup, you are the one that will be getting the calls for trades and holding the leverage. The value of Qbs in a start 2 league can not be understated.

Would really need to see the rest of your roster to try find a different player to drop if it is really that important to you to pickup a backup player.

Totally agree with this. The only advice I can give you is DON'T DROP ONE OF YOUR QB'S!!! In a 12 team 2 QB league you are lucky to have 1, let alone 2 backups. Find someone else to drop for Dixon.