[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HELP! WDIS?

Cowboy Killah

I know the ASYS rule is the first thing people think of here, but while Rice is a proven stud, Foster is a stud in the making. He almost broke out last season but Kubiak was a moron and sat him after one fumble. With no real threat to take carries from him, aside from a very recently healthy Slaton that is not in good standing with the coach, Foster should be a beast and hold on to the starting position. Rice is my #1 back and my fist pick. We start two backs, get .5 points per reception and 1 point for every 10 yards rushing/receiving and 6 per TD. My second back is JC from KC so I am set there. With the Jets boasting the 8th best run defense in the league and the Colts never really doing much against the run, does it make sense to use the elusive and speedy Foster as a bold move?

It's a QB friendly league so he went at 7, but Rice is going to be my guy, I just don't like him against the Jets in NY. It seems silly, but I'm a gut check type of guy and I don't feel bad about it. I just wanted to see what others thought. I mean, I get the start your stud philosophy, but please, give me some other reasons. Foster and Rice are both quality backs and both offenses will use them, but the matchup is better vs. Indy. IMO. So I would really like some insight from you guys.

It's a QB friendly league so he went at 7, but Rice is going to be my guy, I just don't like him against the Jets in NY. It seems silly, but I'm a gut check type of guy and I don't feel bad about it. I just wanted to see what others thought. I mean, I get the start your stud philosophy, but please, give me some other reasons. Foster and Rice are both quality backs and both offenses will use them, but the matchup is better vs. Indy. IMO. So I would really like some insight from you guys.

Well, its difficult for me to imagine a league in which Ray Rice wasn't picked until the 7th pick, but anyway.

Ray Rice is a proven stud. He is going to put up a lot of points this year. The only way that you can insure that you will get the benefit of those points is to start him every week.

Foster was a 4th or 5th round pick this year. Why was that? Maybe because he has played all of 6 games in the NFL? Maybe because he plays on a pass first team? (as opposed to Baltimore)

Foster has potential, to be sure. But to sit a proven stud for a guy with potential doesn't make sense to me. There are just some guys that you play regardless of matchup. (BTW- the Jets defense ranked #8 against the rush last year.)

Well, its difficult for me to imagine a league in which Ray Rice wasn't picked until the 7th pick, but anyway.

Ray Rice is a proven stud. He is going to put up a lot of points this year. The only way that you can insure that you will get the benefit of those points is to start him every week.

Foster was a 4th or 5th round pick this year. Why was that? Maybe because he has played all of 6 games in the NFL? Maybe because he plays on a pass first team? (as opposed to Baltimore)

Foster has potential, to be sure. But to sit a proven stud for a guy with potential doesn't make sense to me. There are just some guys that you play regardless of matchup. (BTW- the Jets defense ranked #8 against the rush last year.)

that's what I said, 8th best in the league. You made me go back and look at my original post. LOL. Thanks for the clarity bro!

wow, ASYS is a great mantra but I would like to start a new one. AGWYG. Foster scored 42 points on my bench, Ray Rice better have a decent outing or i will kick myself for a week!

I feel your pain.

Foster was on my bench as well in favor of Jamaal Charles... I have 3 players who play tomorrow night, but if I had started Foster (46.8 points in my league), I would have already won my matchup. So, start him next week and hope for a repeat, or make him prove himself first?

wow, ASYS is a great mantra but I would like to start a new one. AGWYG. Foster scored 42 points on my bench, Ray Rice better have a decent outing or i will kick myself for a week!

Well being that you're an experienced fantasy player, surely you've had just as many times where your gut was wrong to take a chance on an unproven guy over a proven one...

In the first week of the year, we only have previous performance to base decisions on... Of course present situation matters too, but in week 1, it is still not smart to start your unproven guy before you see what you've got... It could have just as easily turned out the other way, so you absolutely cannot regret going with your first round pick over the flavor of the month until Foster proved himself...

Now that he has, your decisions might be more difficult, but it's a good problem to have... ASYS is still the best strategy, but now you can maybe start including Foster on your stud list... But you can never regret starting your studs, particularly week 1, when we find out more about players and their roles.

Edited by delusions of granduer