[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steely Dan

BeeR

Becker hated to play concerts and vowed never to play live in the 70's because it did not do their sound justice. In the studio, those guys put out some serious tunes. Eventually, they bought some decent equipment and started touring again. I got to see them live in Dallas long ago. It was great.

My favorite has to be Kid Charlamagne, Vegas Kids, Green Earings, Fez, Monkey in your Soul, man there are so many. Their box set is probably the best box set of all time, Decade of Steely Dan.

Daddy don't live in that New York city no more... :wacko:

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Becker hated to play concerts and vowed never to play live in the 70's because it did not do their sound justice. In the studio, those guys put out some serious tunes. Eventually, they bought some decent equipment and started touring again. I got to see them live in Dallas long ago. It was great.

Have had the good fortune to see them twice. Good stuff, they sound IMMACULATE.

What's mind-blowing about Steely Dan is that their first single was "Do It Again"....c'mon, where is a band supposed to go from THERE?

Have had the good fortune to see them twice. Good stuff, they sound IMMACULATE.

Saw them during the "NY Rock n Soul Review" and they were great, but saw them a few years after that (as SD) and they were disappointing, frankly. Fagan's voice has really gone downhill. Didn't care for the newest albums either. Oh well still love the old stuff