[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Know what really ticks me off?

Sirgalt

(After post addendum--I just realized I posted this to the wrong forum. How do I have it moved?)

What ticks me off is dog killers. Especially extremely highly paid dog killers.

Yeah, some might find it pretty stupid to gripe on this, but I can't STAND Michael Vick. I can't STAND the Eagles for picking him up (yes...I know I have DeSean Jackson). I can't STAND that someone who did what he did gets to do what he now does.

But most of all, I can't STAND losing to someone who picks him up and supports him on their fantasy team.

Sure, I'm in the minority here, but I had to vent.

I constantly hope for a career ending injury to happen to that man.

Edited by Sirgalt

im not taking sides cause i could care less what happens to vick ...but in all fairness he did his time ! And as for fantasy reasons, you only put people on your roster to get you points... I could care less if they killed a dog or a person, if they put up big numbers ill take em every day, after all, the only reason you play fantasy is to win right? what better way to do that then by taking point makers

Sounds like your just mad that he killed your team this week...

Anyway, he did his time, he genuinely seems sorry about it. Everyone deserves a second chance. Get over it.

Not me - actually he is on my roster but I would love to see him do something stupid AGAIN and be gone forever. This guy is a useless POS and should not be back in the league. He has had more than one second chance and is a thug. Look at his brother - they are both crap.

Sounds like your just mad that he killed your team this week...

Anyway, he did his time, he genuinely seems sorry about it. Everyone deserves a second chance. Get over it.

+1

I despise people who do crap like this and there is no excuse. That being said, people make mistakes. It's what people do to atone themselves. Vick served his time and he took it in the shorts (metaphorically speaking of course). I shouldn't have stolen as a kid. I shouldn't have smoke pot, I shouldn't have driven under the influence..... etc. We've all made mistakes in our lives and what Vick did was horrendous, but condemning a person the rest of their life for an idiotic move in their life is just as ludicrous!

I may be in a very small minority here, but I am happy for Vick. Being down here in the South and knowing what goes on "out in the country", I feel Vick was prosecuted very aggressively with the sole purpose of making an example out of him.

I don't like what he did and certainly don't condone dog fighting, but if every person who was involved in this macho silliness went to jail, Georgia's streets would lose a lot of inhabitants.

There are players in professional sports who have done a lot worse and never went to jail or were even suspended. I know not many will agree with me, but I think crimes against other people are more serious than crimes against animals.

Much like the Martha Stewart prosecution, this never would have come to light if Vick wasn't famous.

Don't be bitter at Vick now because he did his time and fought his way back against some pretty long odds. Or becuase he beat your fantasy team this weekend. Redemption is usually praised, not vilified......

I may be in a very small minority here, but I am happy for Vick. Being down here in the South and knowing what goes on "out in the country", I feel Vick was prosecuted very aggressively with the sole purpose of making an example out of him.

I don't like what he did and certainly don't condone dog fighting, but if every person who was involved in this macho silliness went to jail, Georgia's streets would lose a lot of inhabitants.

There are players in professional sports who have done a lot worse and never went to jail or were even suspended. I know not many will agree with me, but I think crimes against other people are more serious than crimes against animals.

Much like the Martha Stewart prosecution, this never would have come to light if Vick wasn't famous.

Don't be bitter at Vick now because he did his time and fought his way back against some pretty long odds. Or becuase he beat your fantasy team this weekend. Redemption is usually praised, not vilified......

sure. this just would of been same news on a culture that condones animal fighting.Only it happened on our soil.

Vick didn't beat my team. I have DeSean Jackson, and he help offset quite a few Vick points. My crappy team beat my team, so this has nothing to do with that. I do have a problem losing to someone who owns him though.

Vick didn't do nearly enough time, and he doesn't deserve to be in the NFL. He's a thug.

I said I'd be in the minority, but I can't separate certain real-life morals and ethics from FFball. I know that's not the norm and most people would be fine with the points, but that's not me. Interesting conversation material though. I know most people in the FFball world won't agree with my stance.

(After post addendum--I just realized I posted this to the wrong forum. How do I have it moved?)

What ticks me off is dog killers. Especially extremely highly paid dog killers.

Yeah, some might find it pretty stupid to gripe on this, but I can't STAND Michael Vick. I can't STAND the Eagles for picking him up (yes...I know I have DeSean Jackson). I can't STAND that someone who did what he did gets to do what he now does.

But most of all, I can't STAND losing to someone who picks him up and supports him on their fantasy team.

Sure, I'm in the minority here, but I had to vent.

I constantly hope for a career ending injury to happen to that man.

You're not in the minority. I hate the guy, too.

He's a POS, and sooner or later, he'll screw up again.

As reprehensible a thing he did, Vick was found guilty by a court of law and served the time deemed appropriate for the offense. This coming from a dog lover. Do you have to forgive him? Absolutely not. My stance on the matter, and this is no scapegoat, is that he is a casualty of society (as is his brother). It's not just he who partakes in dogfighting. Sure he bankrolled one of the bigger rings but it is prevalent throughout the south and it's still going on and will continue. Regardless of his current intentions, Vick has done more to combat dogfighting than any government program could ever hope to do. The man has served his time, is helping the cause, and for all intents and purpose has turned his life around. I say give the man his chance.

PS - to hope for any injury puts you in the same category, POS I believe you referred to him as. Not calling you that, just using your terminology.

Edited by RylenolFlu

Vick didn't beat my team. I have DeSean Jackson, and he help offset quite a few Vick points. My crappy team beat my team, so this has nothing to do with that. I do have a problem losing to someone who owns him though.

Vick didn't do nearly enough time, and he doesn't deserve to be in the NFL. He's a thug.

I said I'd be in the minority, but I can't separate certain real-life morals and ethics from FFball. I know that's not the norm and most people would be fine with the points, but that's not me. Interesting conversation material though. I know most people in the FFball world won't agree with my stance.

It's not just fantasy players. Atlanta fans are over it now too.

Dog-fighting aside, we had to watch the team that was built around Vick crumble. So I've felt the same way that if he does something else wrong, then kick him out of the league, lock him up and through away the key for all I care...

But things ARE different now. Vick no longer has the "long leash" he once had (sorry, bad pun), and is no longer guaranteed the starting gig just on his athleticism alone. He actually has to keep his nose clean and work hard at it, or he'll lose it...

And just as has been mentioned above, the right thing to do is to forgive and forget. None of us are perfect; We all deserve a second chance; And if this ATL homer can forgive the guy who got caught up in a bad CULTURAL problem, and enjoy watching him succeed again, then so can you.

It takes a strong person to forgive and forget, while any coward can wish harm on somebody. Which guy do you wanna be?

+1 We've all made mistakes in our lives and what Vick did was horrendous, but condemning a person the rest of their life for an idiotic move in their life is just as ludicrous!

what vick did wasnt a mistake - it was a long pattern pf premeditated cruelty. And dont give me the "culture of dogfighting" thing. If they didnt know it was wrong or illegal - they wouldnt operate in clandestine manner. I also wish a career ending injury on him and wouldnt feel remotely bad if it happened.

and nope - didnt play against him and didnt lose cause of him. But I can picture what I would do to him if he stole my dog, taped his mouth shut so he couldnt defend himself, then used him as a training tool for the other dogs.

Edited by frenzal rhomb

PS - to hope for any injury puts you in the same category, POS I believe you referred to him as. Not calling you that, just using your terminology.

With all due respect, wishing for an injury doesn't even come close to putting me in the category with a thug murderer, human or dog. I understand what you're getting at though.

Whatever it may be that causes it, I'll be happy when he's gone. I don't believe for one second that he's really sorry. People will say a lot of things for money.

I don't believe for one second that he's really sorry. People will say a lot of things for money.

Ummm, well apparently you know exactly what Vick is thinking, but did you ever think that he could also be sorry that he lost all of that money?

Look, nobody is excusing what he did, but he did receive a MUCH larger sentence than most people caught for dog-fighting are, and lost millions of dollars.

Our point is that it's not your place to judge a guy who has paid his debt to society. No, you don't have to respect the guy, and no, you wishing harm on him isn't the same thing as doing harm, but if the guy is going to keep his nose clean and play football at a high level, then seriously, who are you to say what he should/shouldn't be doing with his life?

you're a Penny Lanein idiot... You're mad that someone was smarter than you and went for the win? You're mad that that you can't forgive? You're mad that you can't understand that real talent shouldn't be neglected based on one's personal life? Get over it cause he's here to stay. I love dogs however to piss and whine about someone adding him onto their ff team to gain the upper hand is Penny Lanein pathetic. He did time, he's contributing to society now, and understand that he apologized and seems genuinely sorry. So man up and stop bitching about how it's so "unfair" cause your right, you are definitely in the minority.

you're a Penny Lanein idiot... You're mad that someone was smarter than you and went for the win? You're mad that that you can't forgive? You're mad that you can't understand that real talent shouldn't be neglected based on one's personal life? Get over it cause he's here to stay. I love dogs however to piss and whine about someone adding him onto their ff team to gain the upper hand is Penny Lanein pathetic. He did time, he's contributing to society now, and understand that he apologized and seems genuinely sorry. So man up and stop bitching about how it's so "unfair" cause your right, you are definitely in the minority.

Hilarious. I have no idea what you said at times. And please tell me where I said it was "unfair," since your use of quotes implies that I did.

If it's going to degrade like this, time to step away. I vented, I found those that think like I do, and I'm done.

And please look at yourself and the quality of your reply before calling someone an idiot.

Hilarious. I have no idea what you said at times. And please tell me where I said it was "unfair," since your use of quotes implies that I did.

If it's going to degrade like this, time to step away. I vented, I found those that think like I do, and I'm done.

And please look at yourself and the quality of your reply before calling someone an idiot.

"I have no idea what you said at times" - Im sorry that your an illiterate retard so let me simply my post: Man up, stop bitching and whining and grow a pair. kthxbye

"I have no idea what you said at times" - Im sorry that your an illiterate retard so let me simply my post: Man up, stop bitching and whining and grow a pair. kthxbye

Again, hilarious. Calling someone an illiterate retard when you have no idea how to contract "you are" and "I am."

I may be whatever you think I am, but coming from an ignoramus, it doesn't mean much.

Again, hilarious. Calling someone an illiterate retard when you have no idea how to contract "you are" and "I am."

I may be whatever you think I am, but coming from an ignoramus, it doesn't mean much.

Oh, is the Grammar Nazi upset, awwwwwwww... How cute.