[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre is back

CrimsonGhost

One game? Brett has done it for how many years?
:wacko: Which is relevant because-? Thx for proving my point about people living in the past and failing to grasp my orig point about HO's post.

Can you name 10 better starters?
Easily. In no special order:

Brady

Manning

Rodgers

Brees

Rivers

Hill

Romo

Vick

Orton

Schaub

He may prove me wrong - again, he has one of the best casts of surrounding talent around him I have EVER seen a QB have - and will absolutely have his moments, but I wouldn't hold your breath about consistent top-end production to put it VERY mildly.

Are you one of those people who were wetting their pants about Kolb this past August too? :tup:

Yeah that was pure luck when he dropped that pass right into moss' arms for a touchdown. i didn't catch every play but i can't remember 1 play to Moss that could be interpreted as lucky.

I'm talking about the horribly thrown balls that weren't intercepted. You do realize that only 4 of the 10 balls that were thrown to Moss were actually caught, right?

:wacko: Which is relevant because-? Thx for proving my point about people living in the past and failing to grasp my orig point about HO's post.

Brady

Manning

Rodgers

Brees

Rivers

Hill

Romo

Vick

Orton

Schaub

He may prove me wrong - again, he has one of the best casts of surrounding talent around him I have EVER seen a QB have - and will absolutely have his moments, but I wouldn't hold your breath about consistent top-end production to put it VERY mildly.

Are you one of those people who were wetting their pants about Kolb this past August too? :tup:

wow

Brady

Manning

Rodgers

Brees

Rivers

Hill

Romo

Vick

Orton

Schaub

Have fun starting Shaun Hill all year..

Have fun starting Shaun Hill all year..

Already have, thx. Have fun starting Favre. Those who have done so to date aren't too thrilled FYI.

PS - sure, adding Moss is huge, just saying that IMO he's still going to frustrate people, and that's even assuming he doesn't have injury issues.

Re. Vick, the question was name 10 better starters. Not sure of his injury status but when he comes back, he will be a better play than Favre.

I'm talking about the horribly thrown balls that weren't intercepted. You do realize that only 4 of the 10 balls that were thrown to Moss were actually caught, right?

Again, i didn't see every play but i don't recall 1 horribly thrown ball on any of the passes to Moss. i recall some jump ball passes that were incomplete.

Edited by Jackass

Again, i didn't see every play but i don't recall 1 horribly thrown ball on any of the passes to Moss. i recall some jump ball passes that were incomplete.

There was at least one (probably two) where Moss had to tank the route and effectively play D on Cromartie - as you may recall, he got flagged for OPI on one. Also threw one into triple coverage directed at Moss that was an amazingly bad decision - even for Favre.

There was at least one (probably two) where Moss had to tank the route and effectively play D on Cromartie - as you may recall, he got flagged for OPI on one. Also threw one into triple coverage directed at Moss that was an amazingly bad decision - even for Favre.

The OPI was when Moss tripped and pulled Cromartie down, wasn't where he had to "tank the route", if I recall correctly.

The OPI was when Moss tripped and pulled Cromartie down, wasn't where he had to "tank the route", if I recall correctly.

I don't think he tripped - Cromartie was behind him on a fade route that there was no way Moss was making it to. It was actually a very smart play by Moss to pull him down.

I don't think he tripped - Cromartie was behind him on a fade route that there was no way Moss was making it to. It was actually a very smart play by Moss to pull him down.

was a smart play by moss. So you are saying you would rather start shaun hill all season over favre from this point forward. How many games does hill even have left before stafford comes back? I started hill last week and was happy but this week there is no way im starting hill in favor of favre. Did you see how good young looked last week in dallas? Vince young didn't even look he just hailed them. Also how good has shaub done for people this year? What did he have last week a whole 3 pts?

Ps Forgot to mention i didn't spend a third round pick on Shaub either. Got Favre in round 10. My guess is people who drafted favre were one of the last people to select a QB in their drafts.

Edited by CrimsonGhost

Here's my personal take on "the list" and how favre compares for the remainder of the season assuming he stays healthy, because that's what I thought we were talking about here:

Brady (rather have Favre)

Manning (rather have Manning)

Rodgers (rather have Rodgers)

Brees (rather have Brees)

Rivers (rather have Rivers)

Hill (rather have Favre)

Romo (rather have Favre)

Vick (rather have Favre)

Orton (this is actually a toss up for me)

Schaub (rather have Schaub, but it's close)

Orton (this is actually a toss up for me)

You're gonna post that with a straight face? This year you're not sure whether you'd start Orton who managed to throw 314 yards against Baltimore or Favre whos thrown almost 1000 less yards this year? Yeah I don't think this one should really be a toss up.

You're gonna post that with a straight face? This year you're not sure whether you'd start Orton who managed to throw 314 yards against Baltimore or Favre whos thrown almost 1000 less yards this year? Yeah I don't think this one should really be a toss up.

Do you actually watch football or just look at stat sheets?

Do you actually watch Favre play real football or just on Madden? You're right that stats don't tell the whole story, but you need to take your purple blinders off.

Kyle Orton? Really? I can post some career stats for you if you want? And nothing against Orton, he's playing well this year, but let's be honest, you really think he can outperform Favre for the rest of this year? Would you like to make a wager?

Well, I actually posted it with a sandwich in my mouth . . . not sure if my face can be straight when it's full of delicious lunchmeats. That said, apparently you've decided to ignore history and rely solely on the 4-5 games that have been played in 2010. Not my technique when it comes to predicting future performance but good for you if you've found success with it.

Orton and Favre are diametric opposites right now. One has a long history of mediocrity but has played well for 5 games this season. The other has a LOOOONG history of HOF-worthy performance and came out of the gate slowly this year because he lost his star WR. They replaced his star WR and, shockingly, he starts chucking TDs like mad again.

I don't expect Orton to continue to be the best QB in fantasy, but I don't expect a complete regression. I don't expect Favre to do what he did last year, but I also don't expect him to what he did the first 3 games of the season. They'll both be somewhere in the middle, which is why I see it as a toss-up.

Do you actually watch Favre play real football or just on Madden? You're right that stats don't tell the whole story, but you need to take your purple blinders off.

The real football can be ugly at times and beautiful at times. As he and Moss acclimate to one another I expect more of the latter. Regardless of how dumb of a cowboy he is and plays like, Favre is going to compile A LOT of yards and TDs from here on out. Will that translate to real world Ws? Who cares? It'll certainly mean a lot of fantasy points.

• 2 months later...
I don't know how I got to this either. Other than the fact that I have been 41 - minus all the hits Favre has taken. You just can't ignore the crucial injuries. Elbow tendenitis in his throwing elbow. Winter is coming. The ankle, still an issue. Favre has been a warrior, but at some point even his will cannot override biology. How I am so completely convinced this is going to happen this season? Maybe just gut feeling with a whole heap of realistic concerns thrown in. All I know is I am absolutely certain of this, and when that is the case I am never wrong. Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, just thought you all should know.

:wacko: