[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roll w/out Kicker?

RattlerB

So I'm 6-1 and in first place in my office league. Hefty scoring system gives points per completion and rush attempt and doesn't deduct points for fumbles. I am currently without a kicker as I wanted to snag LeGarrette Blount before anyone else. Playoffs start in Week 14, so I wanted to grab a potential breakout player in the hopes I can package him in a trade to shore myself up for a playoff run. I just traded Flacco for McNabb and Miles Austin. I have Pierre Thomas and Austin Collie as my walking wounded who I am reluctant to let go of.

Of course, getting to the playoffs has to happen first. As it stands now, my roster looks like this:

QB - Fitzpatrick, McNabb

RB - Gore, Torain, Hillis, Blount, T. Thomas (hurt)

WR - R. Moss, M. Austin, Driver, Collie (hurt)

TE - Witten, Keller

K - ...

DEF - Pittsburgh

We start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 1 K and 1 DEF.

Do I roll the dice and go without a kicker this week, hoping to make a deal next week? Or do I just cut somebody loose now, grab a kicker and move on?

My matchup this week looks like this:

ME

Fitzpatrick

Moss, Austin

Gore, Torain

Witten

Keller

Pittsburgh

OPPONENT

Rivers

Marshall, Sims-Walker

MJD, Benson

Z. Miller

Breaston

Bironas

Tennessee

I'd drop Pierre Thomas and pick up a kicker. No reason to give the points away. It doesn't look like Thomas will get back on the field before his bye week so you could probably pick him back up at some point if you freed up the roster spot.

If I drop Thomas, someone will definitely snatch him up. He was my 4th Round pick, but honestly I thought he would be better (when healthy of course)... and he got off to a promising start with 71 yards and a score vs. Minnesota. I checked his stats and since 2007 he has only three 100-yard games.

Anybody else with some input on this? Drop Blount or Thomas (maybe Brees' Madden Curse is rubbing off on this guy). I'm not starting Blunt this week

Or do I wait to see if Blount blows up in his game... if he does, drop Thomas... if he doesn't, drop Blount and pick up Jeff Reed or Garrett Hartley (currently both available) for the Sunday night game or even Rackers for the Monday night game?

Oh crap... I may have just answered this question for myself. If nothing changes, my RB situation for next week is this:

Gore - BYE

Torain - BYE

Hillis vs. NE

Blount @ ATL

Thomas @ CAR... but may not play

We start two RBs and if Thomas is a no go, then I'm in a bind... although I noticed Brand Jacobs, Christopher Ivory, Spiller, Hightower and McGahee are still available.

Thoughts?

So you start 9, but can only carry 14? Wow. I agree with Scorcher, you will eventually need to have a Kicker, so you'll have to cut someone. I'd probably drop Thomas because he is and is going to be in a worse RBBC situation then Blount.

Yeah... very seriously considering dumping Thomas. Even if Blount doesn't blow up, from Week 10 on I'm most likely rolling with Gore and Hillis anyway for the rest of the season.

Edited by RattlerB

Most leagues require you start a legal roster or you get ZERO points. It keeps people from doing what you are trying to do. Might want to check your rules before you go with this.

If it were me - I would trade/drop one of the TE's since you can only start one and both have had their BYE weeks already.

Most leagues require you start a legal roster or you get ZERO points. It keeps people from doing what you are trying to do. Might want to check your rules before you go with this.

If it were me - I would trade/drop one of the TE's since you can only start one and both have had their BYE weeks already.

I will check the rules.

I don't want to drop Witten or Keller. I'm playing them both this week (Keller in the flex W/T spot) since Driver is looking iffy.

Any reason you can't package a 2-for-1 right now to eliminate all of these discussions? See if you can trade Torain and either Moss or Austin to get a much better RB or WR. Someone in your league has to be hurting for depth, no? You also might want to consider trading Fitzpatrick or McNabb along with one of your other position players to upgrade at QB. This might make the most sense since McNabb and Fitzpatrick have the same bye week next week, so you're going to have issues next week anyway.

In general, if you must drop someone now, I'd lean toward Collie. I get the feeling he isn't going to be back as soon as Pierre Thomas, and even when he does come back, he isn't going to be anywhere near the stud he was the first month of the season since Garcon and Gonzalez will both (barring injury) be in the mix. Or maybe you deal Collie with one other player to whoever picked up Blair White or Gonzalez as a "handcuff".

Please help me here.

Edited by MTSuper7

Never go without a starter, even a kicker. The season's too short and too crucial to voluntarily cede 4-10 points to somebody.

You could feasibly drop Pierre given the news that he's back on crutches... after 5 weeks???? Your RBs are strong.

Any reason you can't package a 2-for-1 right now to eliminate all of these discussions? See if you can trade Torain and either Moss or Austin to get a much better RB or WR. Someone in your league has to be hurting for depth, no? You also might want to consider trading Fitzpatrick or McNabb along with one of your other position players to upgrade at QB. This might make the most sense since McNabb and Fitzpatrick have the same bye week next week, so you're going to have issues next week anyway.

In general, if you must drop someone now, I'd lean toward Collie. I get the feeling he isn't going to be back as soon as Pierre Thomas, and even when he does come back, he isn't going to be anywhere near the stud he was the first month of the season since Garcon and Gonzalez will both (barring injury) be in the mix. Or maybe you deal Collie with one other player to whoever picked up Blair White or Gonzalez as a "handcuff".

Please help me here.

Actually, Fitzpatrick's bye was in Week 6, so I was planning on starting him next week.

I tried a couple of 2-for-1 trades earlier this week, but nobody wanted to deal. I don't think I an pull the trigger on another trade now since there's a 2-day waiting period before a trade goes through... so a trade now might not go through in time for the start of the gamesthis weekend.

Never go without a starter, even a kicker. The season's too short and too crucial to voluntarily cede 4-10 points to somebody.

You could feasibly drop Pierre given the news that he's back on crutches... after 5 weeks???? Your RBs are strong.

So... contemplating kickers to pick up in place of Pierre Thomas. I could wait until late and pick Hartley or Reed (both Sunday night) or Rackers (Monday night)... or swing fo the fences and nab Hanson or Succop now.

Thoughts?

So... contemplating kickers to pick up in place of Pierre Thomas. I could wait until late and pick Hartley or Reed (both Sunday night) or Rackers (Monday night)... or swing fo the fences and nab Hanson or Succop now.

Thoughts?

Wait till Sunday night and then do it, get as much time as you can. Then pick a kicker if you need to win this week. But you gotta do some kind of trade sooner or later...

Edited by doing_it_live

There are too many close games in FF to just not play a kicker (even a bad one...)

D/ST is a little bit differant story due to the fact they can get u negitive points if they give up a ton of points. I had a friend not play a D/ST cause the last 3 weeks he had gotten negitive points from 3 diffferant D/ST....

I seriously don't think a kicker could get u negitive points if they tried.... they can only add to ur total

I know it sounds crazy buddy, but I just DROPPED Donald Driver in my league & picked up Johnny Knox. Knox gets the looks, Driver cost me a game or two not stepping it up. I think dropping Donald Driver & picking up a kicker is huge. My kicker (David Akers) scored me 15 POINTS last week. FIFTEEN!!! That was HUGE. DO NOT go without a kicker! ..or like one guy said, TRADE A TIGHT END!!!

I'm still deciding between Driver and Thomas as the one to drop. Driver is a little gimpy right now, that's all... and I think Aaron Rodgers wants to get him involved more when he's healthy. Thomas isn't recovering well from his injury and nobody knows when he'll come back. And even if/when he does, I don't see him being all that great... a tough-to-heal ankle injury does not bode well for his success.

Either way, I'm probably going to drop one of them and pick up Jason Hanson tomorrow.. I like his matchup against the Redskins. Anybody else wanna chime in on who to drop?

I'm still deciding between Driver and Thomas as the one to drop. Driver is a little gimpy right now, that's all... and I think Aaron Rodgers wants to get him involved more when he's healthy. Thomas isn't recovering well from his injury and nobody knows when he'll come back. And even if/when he does, I don't see him being all that great... a tough-to-heal ankle injury does not bode well for his success.

Either way, I'm probably going to drop one of them and pick up Jason Hanson tomorrow.. I like his matchup against the Redskins. Anybody else wanna chime in on who to drop?

Dump Thomas... now, man. You've been running one roster spot short for 4 weeks already? He's gotta go, man. That's not even walking wounded; a hobbled RB takes time to get back in the game, and his healing has NOT looked promising.

Dump Thomas... now, man. You've been running one roster spot short for 4 weeks already? He's gotta go, man. That's not even walking wounded; a hobbled RB takes time to get back in the game, and his healing has NOT looked promising.

Amen to that, brother.

Suck it up ----- Drop P. Thomas for Succop right now. Succop has a great match up with BUF and going forward has a very good schedule. :wacko::tup:

Succop does have a nice matchup this week, but so does Hanson and Hanson has hit a few from beyond 50 yards this year (3-of-4). I'm kind of liking that body of work.