[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shady dealings....

osu1322

2 things happened this week that made me turn my head sideways and look into a couple things in my leauge.

1st off was a trade by the Commish. He trade S Moss and McNabb for Chris Johnson. The reason this deal looked shady was the guy giving up CJ was in last place overall (1-8 and no chance at playoffs) the Commish was still in contention. I know these 2 guys r friends but the thing Idk is if the last place guy did it solely to help his friend...

2nd is somehing done by the Commish. Every week he takes everyone out of the line up and puts them on the bench. This week however their were 2 players on his team that played thurs. I'm not 100% sure when he set his line up but a couple people in the leauge were calling him out on not setting his lineup until after the game Thurs night. (I think it's a glitch in ESPN"s site.... not sure) With him being the Commish it makes it hard to have someone to complain to cause he''ll most likely blow us off....

I have a feeling that I won't be in this leauge next year due to things like this... Do u guys think this is as shady as I do?

First thing is a fact of life in fantasy football. Unequal trades will be made. Ask the guy who gave up Johnson how that trade made his team better.

Second thing is totally legit. I often wait until Sunday night around this time every week to put my lineup in and my lineup efficiency is amazing.

First thing is a fact of life in fantasy football. Unequal trades will be made. Ask the guy who gave up Johnson how that trade made his team better.

Second thing is totally legit. I often wait until Sunday night around this time every week to put my lineup in and my lineup efficiency is amazing.

:wacko:

You should put a rule into place to prohibit teams who are eliminated from playoff contention from making trades. Such people lose interest and are more willing to accept a trade that doesn't favor them.

ETA - The S. Moss and McNabb for Chris Johnson deal does seem shady. I mean, the CJ owner would have to have some real studs at RB (Foster, Hillis, etc) and be really dead at WR and QB for a trade like that to make sense.

Edited by MTSuper7

You should put a rule into place to prohibit teams who are eliminated from playoff contention from making trades. Such people lose interest and are more willing to accept a trade that doesn't favor them.

ETA - The S. Moss and McNabb for Chris Johnson deal does seem shady. I mean, the CJ owner would have to have some real studs at RB (Foster, Hillis, etc) and be really dead at WR and QB for a trade like that to make sense.

As a commissioner, it would be a gigantic headache to go through all scenarios to determine whether a team was eliminated from playoff contention, and then to endure a second nightmare should I make a mistake and improperly bar a team from trading when in fact that team had yet to be eliminated. Either make the trade deadline earlier, or, if a cellar-dwelling team is making lame trades, then don't have him back the following year.

did the last place guy need a WR and QB and had good RB depth?

Is veto in your trade just by commish i gues or does everyone vote?

He needs quality players in almost every position... CJ was the sole player on his team that was projected to get more then 20 points on any given week....

I"m most likely going to try and win what money I can and then move to another leauge with a friend of mine.

The funny thing is he's lost this week after doing that line up setting thing.... So karma has taken care of it lol

He needs quality players in almost every position... CJ was the sole player on his team that was projected to get more then 20 points on any given week....

So why did he trade for Moss and McNabb? :wacko:

well with the commish having CJ, it just makes my division race harder and potential playoffs harder..

However the way the standing r now if i win out I win my division. If the commish and I have the same record he wins on div record tie breaks (we have the same div record but i lost to him twice...)