[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Perch and Drug Testing

Duchess Jack

Un-employment benefits ... that is the problem with legalization. An we are now in a record setting period for un-employment benefits. You can sit on your couch for 90 weeks without lifting a finger and get paid by the gov't.

Imagine this depression without all the unemployment. Boy the economy would never recover.

Imagine this depression without all the unemployment. Boy the economy would never recover.

Never is a strong word... got any facts to back that up?

Yes, I am picking at you.

Weird...

To clear up my position... Drug test 'em, neuter 'em, stop feeding 'em and let god sort 'em out.

not weird b/c , as Duchess said, $50 per test, times 20 million on assistance equals $100 million dollars every what, week or month? see, that sounds just like a democrat or liberal to throw money out of the window.

I don't think perch was saying it's a bad idea because he's in the construction business, but it would have a negative effect on his business. I also think I've seen him say that if there was something such as the breathalyzer for Josh Gordon where he could test someone and find that they are that minute under the influence of THC versus they've inhaled cannabis sometime in the last 5 days or whatever then he'd be all for legalizing it. If he puts someone who uses pot up on a scaffold and they fall, then he needs a test to determine whether they'd smoked on their lunch 2 hours ago or if the last time was last night and it was all out of their system. Make sense? Because if it's still in their system they have responsability, but as far as I know there's no way to tell the difference (unless it'd be a blood test) between use last week and use last hour. :wacko: I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think that was his issue. It's no one's business what substances one puts in their body, frankly, but you can't use those substances with impunity, just like alcahol or nyquil.

That is exactly what perch was saying. He would be for it if there was a legitimate test to shield him from risk due to a negligent employee

We have a drug testing policy in our office. The break we get from our work comp. company makes up for the money we spend on testing. There are issues, however, surrounding the timeline at which someone smoked the Josh Gordon and that is a big problem. If they show up positive when they hit the hospital, it doesn't matter whether they smoked last week or at lunch, the work comp company will not pay and our rates go up.

Pretty much all this. I'd agree with the test as being a cost of doing business, if there was a test that could tell me the guy smoked his joint on his lunch break instead of last weekend when he was off. To my knowledge there is no such test.