[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wildcat Formation

faceplant

If Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams takes the hike in the wildcat and they get tackled for a loss, is that a sack?

I'm debating playing the Bears defense tonight and I think (like everyone else) that the wildcat may get run a lot with the QB issues in Miami. So is this a sack or just a tackle for a loss?

If Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams takes the hike in the wildcat and they get tackled for a loss, is that a sack?

I'm debating playing the Bears defense tonight and I think (like everyone else) that the wildcat may get run a lot with the QB issues in Miami. So is this a sack or just a tackle for a loss?

Its apparently an interpretation by the official scorer. If they are stictly in a rushing mode, there is no sack. However, if they are looking to pass, and then are tackled, its ruled a sack.

It is subjective, but if it is determined that they were going to attempt a pass, then it would be a sack. A straight run for a loss is not a sack.

But question being if a player receives a snap, just like a qb. regardless of a potential pass or run . Behind the line of scrimmage is a sack.

But question being if a player receives a snap, just like a qb. regardless of a potential pass or run . Behind the line of scrimmage is a sack.

Runs for loss are NOT sacks, regardless of whether he received the snap or not. For another example a QB sneak where he loses yardage is not a sack as he had no intention of passing the ball.

Runs for loss are NOT sacks, regardless of whether he received the snap or not. For another example a QB sneak where he loses yardage is not a sack as he had no intention of passing the ball.

this is me :tup: to :wacko: to :tup:

Edited by ajfalcone

I think I'm getting it.

So if Ronnie Brown pauses and looks upfield to see nothing doing and then decides to run and gets tackled for a loss, then its up for interpretation.

If he never looks upfield and just runs, then it's just a tackle for a loss.

I think I'm getting it.

So if Ronnie Brown pauses and looks upfield to see nothing doing and then decides to run and gets tackled for a loss, then its up for interpretation.

If he never looks upfield and just runs, then it's just a tackle for a loss.

Bingo! And the Fantasy D gets zero points for the tackle.