[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commissioner adjusted lineup after game started

DaBears2011

So I should call off the mob with pitchforks and torches? I mean, I lined 'em all up and everything - just say the word and we will burn down the mutter farker's house and stuff...

Haha, yes Mike, you call call off the mob. I will keep you in mind if I have any other dirty work that needs done. Thanks all for the help. I knew I could count on this community of experts.

Haha, yes Mike, you call call off the mob. I will keep you in mind if I have any other dirty work that needs done. Thanks all for the help. I knew I could count on this community of experts.

So what was his reasoning for doing it in the first place? It would never cross my mind to even consider doing this.

It must be tough to be as smart as some of you m'fers.

This could easily be a league where the guys have played together for a while, know and trust each other, and one of the owners made a move too late and the commish made the simple mistake of not checking the time stamp and just made the change thinking it was a legit change. As a commish, I've made changes for owners after games have started as long as the e-mail I received had a time stamp that showed the owner wanted to make a change before games started.

Hell, for all we know the owner who made the change made it in a timely manner on a wireless connection or a cell phone and the request for a change didn't go through until he had service.

In short, the whole thing could have been a couple of simple errors that weren't sinister in any way. The commish shouldn't have made the change based upon the time stamp, but he changed the roster back when he was notified. No harm done.

I get the feeling I'm glad I'm not in leagues with a bunch of you conclusion-jumping FF lawyers. In fact, there was no reason to get one's panties in a bunch and post a panic-stricken thread here unless the commish was asked about the change and then refused to make the change - which didn't happen.

Nancies.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I've helped out a couple of guys on a few occasions. But not by changing one RB already playing for another. Sometimes it is very clear on what the intention is. Such as if an owner had a lineup set but then on Saturday, when transactions go through, he picks up a kicker and drops the old one. In that case it is pretty obvious that if he doesn't adjust his lineup that the intention was to start the new kicker and not have any kicker at all in his lineup. Things like that I can help out. Some people don't work on FF 24/7.

Edited by MikesVikes

This could easily be a league where the guys have played together for a while, know and trust each other, and one of the owners made a move too late and the commish made the simple mistake of not checking the time stamp and just made the change thinking it was a legit change. As a commish, I've made changes for owners after games have started as long as the e-mail I received had a time stamp that showed the owner wanted to make a change before games started.

Hell, for all we know the owner who made the change made it in a timely manner on a wireless connection or a cell phone and the request for a change didn't go through until he had service.

In short, the whole thing could have been a couple of simple errors that weren't sinister in any way. The commish shouldn't have made the change based upon the time stamp, but he changed the roster back when he was notified. No harm done.

I get the feeling I'm glad I'm not in leagues with a bunch of you conclusion-jumping FF lawyers. In fact, there was no reason to get one's panties in a bunch and post a panic-stricken thread here unless the commish was asked about the change and then refused to make the change - which didn't happen.

Nancies.

Billy, Those are all very good points. I think I described the details pretty well in the thread, so there was no jumping to conclusions here.

This is a work league where we do trust each other. But having said that, I still protested the move because it was unfair. What concerns me the most is that it was done without any notification to the league (or me the opponent). If I had not been following my match-up closely on Thanksgiving (not everyone does) I would not have known to protest the move and it very well could have stood without anyone knowing. I don't care if I'm playing in a league with preachers or my wife and kids, there is no excuse for allowing this substitution after kickoff, period. I expect the commissioner to notify the entire league if an adjustment like this is made to a lineup to ensure there is no foul play.

obviously this is a no brainer....and furthermore unless your league is still in the stone age of newspapers , pencil and pad , the commish really should have no bearing on anyones lineups,,all it does is create problems (exactly like the one you are on). Ive had people call me 20 seconds after kickoff and tell me "aww man i didnt get to the computer in time ", or" im on the road forgot to check my lineup, can you switch this for me" ...should NEVER happen

once the lineups are locked at kickoff they are locked......the only thing i have done and see no problem doing, is if i am contacted before kickoff and am at a computer i will ask if they want me to log in under their name and make their changes for them.

If he doesnt reverse it i would at the very least not get in next year...and if he is on the fence not wanting to piss off reggies owner and the rest of the league then just have him put it to a league vote (even though there is absolutely no reason for it, its better than the commish making an awful decision)

Nancies.

IMHO, these are all "excuses" why the team in question didn't have their lineup set. As previously stated, unless the person had some kind of unfortunate situation, then there is no valid reason for this scenario as it played out. None. Period. In our league (of adults), we have a very clear understanding that your own roster is your own responsibility. If an owner is waiting until the last minute/second to change their roster, then they need to realize that rolling the dice like that, may come up craps. And as we Polish folks like to say... "toughskie schitzkie". If you can't, won't, or simply don't feel like managing your team - which typically can involve a LOT of time if it's a serious (i.e. money) league - then that owner is SOL. If a person can't handle that part of playing FF or that part of their league, then get out, or join some random money-less league where things like this have less impact. Every - every - single instance of something like this happening that I have heard about has always rendered ill feelings (maybe this will be the first exception). League Managers also agreeing to change anybody else's roster is a recipe for disaster, and IMHO, that's really where this issue starts.

To be fair, I (think I) understand your underlying point of "back off on the mob mentality until you know all of the facts". And that is very valid (again, IMHO). Most of us (including me) assume the worst intent. Wrong or right, that's the way it since most of these instances are, in fact, nothing more than attempted cheating. Plain and simple.

Billy, Those are all very good points. I think I described the details pretty well in the thread, so there was no jumping to conclusions here.

This is a work league where we do trust each other. But having said that, I still protested the move because it was unfair. What concerns me the most is that it was done without any notification to the league (or me the opponent). If I had not been following my match-up closely on Thanksgiving (not everyone does) I would not have known to protest the move and it very well could have stood without anyone knowing. I don't care if I'm playing in a league with preachers or my wife and kids, there is no excuse for allowing this substitution after kickoff, period. I expect the commissioner to notify the entire league if an adjustment like this is made to a lineup to ensure there is no foul play.

[Fake French Accent] I have warned you, you silly little bedwetting type. Now go away or I will taunt you a second time [/Fake French Accent]