[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jaguars and their fans

CaptainHook

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't think the NFL will ever let the Vikings leave the Twin Cities, upper-midwest market, this kind of thing scares the diaper dirt out of me. There are definitely other franchises that should move other than the Vikes, but this stadium thing is pretty scary. From what I've seen, the Vikes are in the top 15 NFL markets, and I'd doubt they would move that franchise.

At least I hope so.

You that paranoid? Who the hell said anything about the Vikings?

It always cracks me up when people say, well x amount for tickets, x amount for parking, x amount for food, x amount for a program, x amount for a jersey, x amount for 6 beers 12 beers.

Seriously people.

There are weeks when I go to a Colts game where I park for FREE and walk a ways. Eat before I go. Don't drink any beer. Eat after the game or buy a $1 hot dog from a street cart.You're there for 3 hours, not 3 days. Why does everybody assume you have to spend $200 to go to a game? There have been times I've spent that much. Other times the only money I spent was the money I spent on my ticket.

Fixed.

Pathetic? :wacko:

Blackout lifted for Jaguars-Raiders game Sunday

I know the Jag/Raider rivalry goes way back, there is so much tradition the attendance is really surprising. Added to the fact they have one of the largest stadiums in the smallest market, I say good job Jags. As a die hard Giants fan, your organization makes us all proud! :tup:

Pathetic? :wacko:

Blackout lifted for Jaguars-Raiders game Sunday

I know the Jag/Raider rivalry goes way back, there is so much tradition the attendance is really surprising. Added to the fact they have one of the largest stadiums in the smallest market, I say good job Jags. As a die hard Giants fan, your organization makes us all proud! :tup:

Pathetic.

Some Quick math:

Population of the Indianapolis Metropolitan area = 1.7 million. Average attendance in 2010 = 66,911 or about 4% of the metro population

Population of the Jacksonville Metropolitan area = 1.3 million. Average attendace in 2010 = 63, 037 or about 5% of the population.

I forget, what was the point of the original post?

Some Quick math:

Population of the Indianapolis Metropolitan area = 1.7 million. Average attendance in 2010 = 66,911 or about 4% of the metro population

Population of the Jacksonville Metropolitan area = 1.3 million. Average attendace in 2010 = 63, 037 or about 5% of the population.

Not according to this. Jacksonville is actually larger.

I forget, what was the point of the original post?

That the city of Jacksonville, and the Jaguars fans, do not support their team sufficiently.

Edited by CaptainHook

:wacko: What does the "percentage of the metropolitan population" have to do with not being able to sell out? Does that somehow make them better fans? :tup:

67,000 (stadium capacity after 10,000 seats are tarped) out of 1.3 million can't buy a ticket to support the one and only professional franchise? That's only 5% of the population.

Edited by CaptainHook

:wacko: What does the "percentage of the metropolitan population" have to do with not being able to sell out? Does that somehow make them better fans? :tup:

67,000 (stadium capacity after 10,000 seats are tarped) out of 1.3 million can't buy a ticket to support the one and only professional franchise? That's only 5% of the population.

All the post said was that based on the population of the Metro area, a larger percentage of Jacksonville fans attend the games than do Colts fans. Simple, really, and factual.

All the post said was that based on the population of the Metro area, a larger percentage of Jacksonville fans attend the games than do Colts fans. Simple, really, and factual.

But what was your point? Shouldn't the city of Jacksonville support their team better? Especially when it is in first place?

But what was your point? Shouldn't the city of Jacksonville support their team better? Especially when it is in first place?

Once again, you are calling out Jaguars fans for not supporting their team when a higher percentage of them actually attend games than the fans in Indy . .oh forget it.

Which imaginary team has better fan support - the team that averages 50,000 fans per game in a metro area of 1 million people or a team that averages 50,000 fans per game in a metro area of 3 million people?

Once again, you are calling out Jaguars fans for not supporting their team when a higher percentage of them actually attend games than the fans in Indy . .oh forget it.

Which imaginary team has better fan support - the team that averages 50,000 fans per game in a metro area of 1 million people or a team that averages 50,000 fans per game in a metro area of 3 million people?

But the Colts have sold out their stadium. You can't sell more seats than you have. You're not that bright if you think the Jaguars have a better fan base than the Colts. How does having more people in the metropolitan area, and having a sold out stadium make them worse? :wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

But the Colts have sold out their stadium. You can't sell more seats than you have. You're not that bright if you think the Jaguars have a better fan base than the Colts.

Didn't say it was better, and I'm about tired of you questioning my intelligence. It's amazing. Collie got hit so hard a while back that Hook got a concussion.