[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Laptop recommendations?

Brentastic

My wife tried downloading skype and I think she got us a virus. Never had one before but anyhow....

I'm currently looking into possibly getting a new laptop. I currently have a Dell Insprion 17inch. It's 2 years old and has Vista (hate it). This Dell has never seemed right since I got it in 2008, so I'm hoping to move onto something different this time.

I'd love to get a macbook but can't justify the price on them. I always get the max warranty.

Basically, I'm looking for recommendations from other huddlers on what laptop offers great bang for your buck.

I have/had MSI, Dell, HP, and Toshiba. My wife's Dell is very slow. Always was. I really like my Toshiba even w/ Vista. In the past when my college bought me several over the years and always were Toshiba. Never had a problem.

I'd consider just buying Windows 7 and reformatting the HDD and starting over... maybe adding some additional RAM if you're OK doing all that. Newegg.com has Win7 Pro for about $120 and/or Win7 Home Premium for about $100, and you could probably get additional RAM for about another $100.

Have had my HP/Compaq for 3 years now and got the boys each an HP/Compaq a year ago for school research and what not love them all. And just got my wife an early christmas present a Toshiba from best buy for under 300.00 which was a screamin deal and she loves it too.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

My wife tried downloading skype and I think she got us a virus. Never had one before but anyhow....

I'm currently looking into possibly getting a new laptop. I currently have a Dell Insprion 17inch. It's 2 years old and has Vista (hate it). This Dell has never seemed right since I got it in 2008, so I'm hoping to move onto something different this time.

I'd love to get a macbook but can't justify the price on them. I always get the max warranty.

Basically, I'm looking for recommendations from other huddlers on what laptop offers great bang for your buck.

got the Dell Inspiron from Best Buy for 379. I think the comp is good it is the security software and the other software bundled in that you have to get used to and Windows 7

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Lenovo is reliable. If you don't want to mail-order, then go Toshiba.

I would say the IBM Thinkpad I had was the best ever (Lenovo now)

Then I went to Toshiba for 400, and just got the Dell, which is like the Toshiba except with Windows 7 not Vista

The Thinkpad was great b/c of the backup and Thinkvantage button.