[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

xbox slim

sunysteelfly76

They also sell a hard drive. Looks like it's about $130 for a 250GB drive.

Wish you would have posted this yesterday. Woot had the 250GB hard drive for $49.99 Link and I picked one up since I just purchased the 4GB slim for Christmas. It doesn't fit into the XBox slim as designed (it is meant for the old XBox) but can be modified to work. There are videos on You Tube that show you how.

Furd's advice is the quick fix but limits him to 32GB although no modification is necessary.

Edited by Puddy

Wish you would have posted this yesterday. Woot had the 250GB hard drive for $49.99 Link and I picked one up since I just purchased the 4GB slim for Christmas. It doesn't fit into the XBox slim as designed (it is meant for the old XBox) but can be modified to work. There are videos on You Tube that show you how.

Or you can spend an additional $80 and buy the 250 GB hard drive that is made specifically for the "slim" console.

link

Edited by Furd

• 2 weeks later...
True...but then I don't feel like I'm getting over on the man.

have you done this yet, Puddy?

I have two xboxes so the Wench and I can play coop games. I tried to play reach for the first time last night with the new (slim) xbox and apparently, the slim model cannot play co-op reach.

I just want to make sure that xbox won't see a mod some how and try to kick me off the service.

have you done this yet, Puddy?

I have two xboxes so the Wench and I can play coop games. I tried to play reach for the first time last night with the new (slim) xbox and apparently, the slim model cannot play co-op reach.

I just want to make sure that xbox won't see a mod some how and try to kick me off the service.

I haven't as it's still in the box. I'm considering selling it and forking over the additional cash for the one made for the slim model. By all accounts it will work however.

I watched a YouTube video on how to upgrade the memory of a 360 slim....I have to find it but don't have time right now...

I'm going to try and get back to this within the next 24 hours...

it involved buying the HDD add-on for the 360 and cracking it open....then taking the actual HDD inside and inserting it in the top area of the 360 (if you stood it right side up and not flat)...it seemed like it just kinda connected, but it was a very informative video..