[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams needing a QB

McBoog

Billy Volek is a free agent this year.

This is a guy that as a Charger fan I would HATE to lose as PR's backup. He really got shafted in Tenn and showed a lot of leadership and skills when he got a chance. He came in and lead the Chargers to victory in Indy in the playoff game where Rivers blew his knee out a couple years ago.

Clearly, who really knows how he would do as "The Man" in the NFL at this point. He is an 11 year Vet without a lot of wear and tear and has been under the tutelage of Norv Turner, a well known developer of QBs for a few years now. IMHO, I think he is probably better than many of the guys that are starting right now and who will be free agents.

He says he wants to stay in SD, but the right place and offer might tempt a guy that as a competitor would probably like to be a starter.

Any takers?

Edited by McBoog

Billy Volek is a free agent this year.

This is a guy that as a Charger fan I would HATE to lose as PR's backup. He really got shafted in Tenn and showed a lot of leadership and skills when he got a chance. He came in and lead the Chargers to victory in Indy in the playoff game where Rivers blew his knee out a couple years ago.

Clearly, who really knows how he would do as "The Man" in the NFL at this point. He is an 11 year Vet without a lot of wear and tear and has been under the tutelage of Norv Turner, a well known developer of QBs for a few years now. IMHO, I think he is probably better than many of the guys that are starting right now and who will be free agents.

He says he wants to stay in SD, but the right place and offer might tempt a guy that as a competitor would probably like to be a starter.

Any takers?

If he wants to stay in SD, that should tell you something about his desire to be a starting QB in the NFL. He's happy, he probably doesn't want to uproot his family... Unless SD really insults him with their offer, he'll still be there.

If he wants to stay in SD, that should tell you something about his desire to be a starting QB in the NFL. He's happy, he probably doesn't want to uproot his family... Unless SD really insults him with their offer, he'll still be there.

I hope so. Apparently, he an PR are like BFFs, :wacko: . Not a usual relationship for QBs on the same team. A lot of that may be because of how PR is. He and Brees were and are supposedly still pretty good buds.

Volek is from California - his brother was my health teacher in high school.

I know he and his family were very happy they were able to move back to CA, so unless he is offered a contract by Oakland or SF, I'd expect him to take what he can to stay in SD.

Competitive fire aside, there are worse ways to make over a million buck a year than standing on the sidelines with a clipboard in your hands.

Truth in these words. :wacko:

Volek is from California - his brother was my health teacher in high school.

I know he and his family were very happy they were able to move back to CA, so unless he is offered a contract by Oakland or SF, I'd expect him to take what he can to stay in SD.

In the other thread about Oakland, I stated this "fear". Volek in Oakland could get them the division.

Cardinals need one bad, is VY mental or what?

Nuke- Would love to see VY go to the Cards! I do not think he is mental, I think his lack of a male figure in his life growing up left him very un-disciplined and immature, you would think being in the league a few years, he would have grown up, but it has not happened yet.

On the side, I do like Skelton, but he would be better off playing behind someone for a year or three!