[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st Amendment? What 1st Amendment!

tazinib1

Just another shining example of religion being a divisive rather than a uniting force in the world.

Who's using it divisively in this scenario? Sounds to me like the press and Taz. It sounds like the Governor is making a kind overture to those who aren't Christians, according to his beliefs. One that has nothing to do with government policy.

Who's using it divisively in this scenario? Sounds to me like the press and Taz. It sounds like the Governor is making a kind overture to those who aren't Christians, according to his beliefs. One that has nothing to do with government policy.

:wacko:

I didn't say anything about politics, i just thought this sentence was telling.

Robert Bentley apologized Wednesday for proclaiming to a Baptist church audience that only Christians were his brothers and sisters and vowed to work for people of all faiths and colors.

It sounds to me that he is saying only Christians are his equals, but he'll do what he can for the rest of the heathens as well. Sounds kinda divisive if you ask me.

Edited by Kid Cid

He made a very stupid comment though it sounded like he was trying to proselytize, rather than be divisive. I'd rank this right up there with Obama's comments about "them clinging to their guns and religion", though I don't think he was actually trying to proselytize when he made that statement. Anyway both were stupid statements by politicians who both should have known better than making them.