[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jethro Tull

Ursa Majoris

It's the 40th anniversary of the Aqualung album so Jethro Tull are hitting the road and apparently playing the whole thing in it's entirety, plus a load of their other old stuff.

Gonna snag me a ticket for that 'cos it won't happen again. Tix for my local venue go on sale tomorrow.

I'll be thinking about Aqualung, our old Huddle buddy. RIP, my man.

Long as Anderson and the lead guitar or someone who can do a great imitation are there it's good enough. In theory anyway.

But the more time goes on, the less I want to see my old fav bands from the 70s. Or whatever weak ass facsimile is going around. I still cringe when I think of how I saw "The Guess Who" at a local bar which did not feature Burton Cummings. sigh

That said, it was just a few years ago that I saw ARS and they were great!

Edited by BeeR

these guys should be on one of those "poor retirement decision commercials". I bet if you asked them in 1970 if they intended to play this album when they were in their mid 60's (Ian is 63) they woulda told you to blow off. when you go see them, slap their money manager for me please. LoL.

Just kidding, Ian is actually a successful business owner (salmon farm) and prob does not need the money, but that would be a good commercial.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Always liked Tull, but was never a really huge fan. Out of the blue several years ago, my wife gets us Jethro Tull tickets at the Garden State Arts Center for my Birthday, as a surprise. I was kinda like :rofl:. I would never have even thought to go see them in concert. Anywho, since it was her idea of a nice gesture and she figured I would really like it (maybe she got them for free :tup: ), we went. What a great call on her behalf, they were ABSOLUTELY AWESOME in concert! Ian Anderson commands the stage, his presence is awesome.

So, anywho, looks like I'll be getting me some Tull tickets this time around. :lol:

Should I bring the wife? :wacko:

• 5 months later...

So the day finally came. Had the tickets for months and couldn't wait.

Worth every penny, they were terrific. Even at 63, Anderson finds it child's play to grip the audience, from his astounding flute work to his asides and humor between songs. The only thing I wish they would have done is Minstrel In The Gallery but apart from that it was all there, a great set. Two hours of rolling back the years. It's only a couple weeks since I saw the Moody Blues. God, I love live music. :wacko:

And yes, during the closer of the second half of the set - Aqualung, of course - I thought about our very own Aqualung and how much he would have enjoyed this.

So the day finally came. Had the tickets for months and couldn't wait.

Worth every penny, they were terrific. Even at 63, Anderson finds it child's play to grip the audience, from his astounding flute work to his asides and humor between songs. The only thing I wish they would have done is Minstrel In The Gallery but apart from that it was all there, a great set. Two hours of rolling back the years. It's only a couple weeks since I saw the Moody Blues. God, I love live music. :wacko:

And yes, during the closer of the second half of the set - Aqualung, of course - I thought about our very own Aqualung and how much he would have enjoyed this.

:tup: