[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dog Owners.

Do Work Son

My dog is a little over a year old and we adopted her @ about 8 months from a shelter...This morning after my dog ate she started running around like a nut and ended up throwing up for the 1st time since we had her..One pile was obviously the food she had just ate...followed by some yellow mucus substance...I figured she had just gotten sick from running around shortly after eating. So I crated her so I could clean up the mess and left her in there for a few hours so she could rest up for a bit.

Well I just walk her and she pees and poops like normal...We come back inside and I let her stay out and about 10 minutes after that she starts to eat out of her bowl...This time she doesnt run around and probably throws up like 2-3 minutes after eating. Now im starting to question that something could be wrong with her b/c thats 2 times today right after eating. Is this normal for dogs to be throwing up? Could she just be sick or could this get bad? Thanks in advance for any1 that responds.

Some things that might help

She's been eating the same dog food since we adopted her with occassional treats..No house food.

I live in a condo so anytime she is out either me or the girlfriend leash walk her(so she is always supervised)

No yellow mucus the 2nd time around.

We fill her bowl and she never eats it all...she will come back periodically to finish the rest throughout the day. So I dont think to much food was the problem.

It's possible that while you didn't change food, the manufacturer changed something. Or, there was a problem w/ the manufacturing process somehow.

Call the dog food manufacturer right away to see if they have any suggestions.

Forgot to add that I believe she might of ate a stink bug the 1st time she threw up...

that's what i was thinking when i read your first post. our dog - 1.5 year old French Bulldog - did almost the same thing as you described a few months back. she ate her bowl of food like normal, then acted kinda weird for about 30 minutes, then barfed up her dinner and make a couple more pukes which had an odd, orange/yellow color.

we ended up taking her to the vet (fiance's decision), and they told us it was caused by something she ate previous to dinner...most likely a spider, or bug which upset her stomach.

it's happened one other time since then, and she's been fine a few hours later. we monitor her pretty close, but since we live in the country i guess it's just something we'll have to deal with as time goes on.

hope your pooch is ok.

Thanks for the responses...I talked to someone at the vet and they said hold off on food and water for the rest of the night and just give her some ice cubes for the rest of the night...tomorrow I will try to feed her and if it happens again I will bring her to the vet...it's crazy how worried a dog can get you...thanks again

Feel her stomach just toward the rear of the rib cage area and in front of the "groin", if it is really hard or bloated take her to the vet immediately maybe "bloat", otherwise just monitor. This happened a few years ago to our Alaskan Malamute and they were able to save her.

That yellow stuff is likely just bile. My dogs have thrown up a million times and sometimes they have that stuff in there. My dogs are 9 and 6. The 6yr old throws up probably once or twice every couple weeks. For piece of mind you can call a vet, but my guess is they would tell you the dog threw up from running around.

Ocassional vomiting is fairly normal for dogs. Remember that canines in the wild reguritate their food to feed their pups but puking twice in a day is something you want to monitor closely. My mutt will occassionally eat grass, and when I see her do it I make her stay outside longer, because I know that soon, she is going to puke.

While dogs have been domesticated a long time, they still have their instincts to some degree. Mine also likes the scratch at the carpet to make a bed like she would in the wild before laying down. I had another female who dug a den under an azelia bush.