[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I haven't had caffeine in 5 days

TimC

People who laugh at somebody who gets a diet coke with a hugh hamburger have no idea what they are talking about.

My rule is to never drink a calorie....ummmm outside of alcoholic beverages and those I limit the calories to the best of my ability.

Id rather eat my calories plus corn syrup makes me feel like junk.

Here I thought that I was going to have to settle for something from the New England Journal of Medicine or The Lancet.

But Joi Ito's weblog? Wow.

:lmao:

I wish I could get something from them but they are bought and paid for. No such luck. That post made me spit my Tacate all over my keyboard. Thank you.

Aspartame has been the subject of several controversies and hoaxes since its initial approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1974. Critics allege that conflicts of interest marred the FDA's approval of aspartame, question the quality of the initial research supporting its safety,[38][39][40] and postulate that numerous health risks may be associated with aspartame.

The validity of these claims has been examined and dismissed.[38][3][41] In 1987, the U.S. Government Accountability Office concluded that the food additive approval process had been followed properly for aspartame.[38][42] Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by more than ninety countries worldwide,[43][44] with FDA officials describing aspartame as "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved" and its safety as "clear cut".[45] The weight of existing scientific evidence indicates that aspartame is safe at current levels of consumption as a non-nutritive sweetener.[3]

ssssshhhhhhh the FDA is controlled by big cola or big aspartame... but not by big corn or big sugar or big etc...I have not been able to find one truly credible source or study on this issue. The only study sourced was one in which they injected rats with something like 20,000 the daily dose. I mean I think the rule is if you drink 5 gallons of water in a day you will most likely die of poison b/c everything is poison to the body at certain levels.

Where are all the studies on two litters of diet cola turning to fuel and other nasty chemicals at 86 degrees? I mean that is pretty big news that I am almost sure ANY credible reported would write about. I mean that is BIG news.

Listen I drink 2 litters of diet soda everyday. I do not like that I do it b/c this rhetoric has trained me to feel guilty. I am a pretty healthy guy who eats right and exercises. IF anyone has some concrete info on this stuff, PLEASE present it b/c I have not seen it and I KNOW the FDA has gotten a lot of heat on the issue so they have thrown probably the most dollars looking at it. I am truly not trying to rag on anyone hear, I just haven't seen much on the issue but these mysterious "articles" on "healthy sites" and folks SELLING systems to get you off aspartame.

I truly am open to read all the creditable studies!!!

Edited by Grimm74