[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

moving back to cali

Bier Meister

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back home to sf. looking into the sunset district and pacifica.

I used to live in Pacifica and Moss Beach. I would suggest looking into Montara or Moss Beach if you can.

Have you driven to Tahoe from SF in the last few years? If it is Fri. night and or commute hours for SF BA or Sac., it is easily 6 hours to get there.

I used to live in Pacifica and Moss Beach. I would suggest looking into Montara or Moss Beach if you can.

Have you driven to Tahoe from SF in the last few years? If it is Fri. night and or commute hours for SF BA or Sac., it is easily 6 hours to get there.

i will look into those areas.

while i have not done that drive since our move out here, i have gotten the report from my friends. i will cross that bridge when i get there. too many other things on my plate to worry about that yet.

• 1 month later...

wife flew from sf to colorado on thurs. we did a lot of packing and the two of us drove her car out with the dog.... yesterday took 14.5 hrs to get from silverthorne to reno (usually takes us 12 hrs). a lot of sleet, snow, and rain through utah slowed us down a bit. today we had an easy 3.5 hrs drive from reno to sf. nice to be home, but it's not nearly complete. i fly back out to co on friday. pack, study, ski....then mrs flies out to help with the movers. i drive with a friend to vegas for 4 nights :lol::wacko: then i drive to sf on my own........... for good.

going to miss you colorado! :tup:

wife flew from sf to colorado on thurs. we did a lot of packing and the two of us drove her car out with the dog.... yesterday took 14.5 hrs to get from silverthorne to reno (usually takes us 12 hrs). a lot of sleet, snow, and rain through utah slowed us down a bit. today we had an easy 3.5 hrs drive from reno to sf. nice to be home, but it's not nearly complete. i fly back out to co on friday. pack, study, ski....then mrs flies out to help with the movers. i drive with a friend to vegas for 4 nights :lol::wacko: then i drive to sf on my own........... for good.

good post brother......

Did you guys find a place?

People have died trying to pass through Utah, feel happy it only took you a couple extrat hours... The alternative would have been having to eat your wife and children until help arrived.

wife flew from sf to colorado on thurs. we did a lot of packing and the two of us drove her car out with the dog.... yesterday took 14.5 hrs to get from silverthorne to reno (usually takes us 12 hrs). a lot of sleet, snow, and rain through utah slowed us down a bit. today we had an easy 3.5 hrs drive from reno to sf. nice to be home, but it's not nearly complete. i fly back out to co on friday. pack, study, ski....then mrs flies out to help with the movers. i drive with a friend to vegas for 4 nights :rofl::wacko: then i drive to sf on my own........... for good.

Let me know when you're all settled and we'll catch a Giants game :bow: Went to Opening Day again (14th year in a row) it was AWESOME!! :rofl: Welcome Back!! :lol:

• 1 month later...

final drive tomorrow! been in limbo for a while due to:

- replacing kitchen floor

- friend who was going to travel with me had back surgery

- cracked a rim and had to wait for a replacement twice (they sent a bad one the first)

mrs was out here around the 16th to help pack and oversee movers, but i haven't seen my little one in 6 weeks. can't wait! phone and webcam just isn't the same. will start the job search later this week.

- cracked a rim and had to wait for a replacement twice (they sent a bad one the first)

mrs was out here around the 16th to help pack and oversee movers, but i haven't seen my little one in 6 weeks. can't wait! phone and webcam just isn't the same. will start the job search later this week.

:wacko:

Good luck, Bier. Safe drive.