[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dad: I'll Kill My Son's Killer

millerx

Interesting...but then again, I'm against the death penalty.

However, it is unlikely that there would be a trial if there was enough evidence.

I don't know that I would do the same thing that this father has said he would, kill my son's killer, but I would certainly understand why he did it. To me, in this instance the killer (the father) is not a threat to society at large and is in a sense is evening the scales. His only target is this POS that killed, ate and hung his son's remains on the wall as a trophy. I am sympathetic to the father in this case.

On the other hand, if I had been on the initial jury for the killer, I would have been extremely upset that this guy even has the opportunity to be paroled.

Odds of me ever getting on a jury in a murder case, 456,908,109 to 1.

Maybe because you keep muttering "my precious" under your breath and "gollum, gollum".

Tends to not improve your chances at jury selection, just sayin' :wacko:

that and the fact that I wouldn't make it through the first three questions from the defense.

Because of the kind of work I do, it's extremely unlikely that I'll ever get onto a jury.

Unfortunately it is thoughtful people like us that are excluded from judging our fellow man.

This case stirs up in me the same reactions I had to "A Time to Kill", the John Grisham novel and movie. I remember the scene in the movie where Mathew McConaughey asks everyone to close their eyes as he then proceeds to draw a picture of what the little girl went through...well, I would be doing the same thing here about the little boy.

So, if I'm on the jury for the father's trial (after he killed this POS) I think I'd be looking to sabotage any chance he would spend even one day behind bars.

As for if it was my kid, I would seriously consider doing the same thing this father has, however (as others have mentioned) I just wouldn't announce it. God forbid, he did get out, nothing was done, and this predator was able to act out all his pent up frustrations on a new victim. I couldn't live with knowing I could have prevented another family going through that same suffering.

As for if it was my kid, I would seriously consider doing the same thing this father has, however (as others have mentioned) I just wouldn't announce it. God forbid, he did get out, nothing was done, and this predator was able to act out all his pent up frustrations on a new victim. I couldn't live with knowing I could have prevented another family going through that same suffering.

If that's the argument, then society at large should lynch him upon his release, since each of us would be able to stop a future murder by the guy in jail if he's killed upon his release. If he kills again, it's on all of us ... not just the dad of the slain son. Why? We know what happened and are in a position to stop it.

Which is why, I'm against the idea of a lynching...

If that's the argument, then society at large should lynch him upon his release, since each of us would be able to stop a future murder by the guy in jail if he's killed upon his release. If he kills again, it's on all of us ... not just the dad of the slain son. Why? We know what happened and are in a position to stop it.

Which is why, I'm against the idea of a lynching...

That's not the argument. The feelings I expressed are those personal to me and my beliefs, therefore I should incur the blame for those actions. I am not asking for society to join me in my cause and wouldn't expect them to. I couldn't say for certain that this scumbag would harm the innocent again, but I'm not against the idea of personal vengeance either. So to recap, personal vengeance along with making sure there no repeat offense by the POS is like killing two birds with one stone, which might be enough for ME.

Society's part is to make sure that killer's like this don't get a chance to re-offend. Whether that is changing the laws to prevent violent criminals from ever seeing the light of day again (like this guy is able to), simply because his attack was so heinous they spare the family from having to listen to the details of it and then giving him a plea bargain... well, that IS on all of us.

Edited by millerx

John Foreman said in an interview Monday with WPRO-AM radio that he will kill convicted murderer Michael Woodmansee "as aggressively and as painfully" as he killed his son if Woodmansee is released from prison early.

As some of you have probably already touched on, he was stupid to admit it. Cue that quote from "Van Helsing" - basically if you're going to do it (and I admit I can hardly blame him either) don't talk about it, just DO it.