[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Student Shot In Indiana

SayItAintSoJoe

The story says that it was at a middle school but then I find out that the shooter is 15 yrs old. Sounds like high school age to me. Either way it's terrible.

When I was a senior in (Detroit) high school a kid in one of my classes left his binder behind one day and in it was a 22. I don't remember even getting freaked out about it. Now that I'm older and have kids of my own just the thought of it freaks me out.

The story says that it was at a middle school but then I find out that the shooter is 15 yrs old. Sounds like high school age to me. Either way it's terrible.

When I was a senior in (Detroit) high school a kid in one of my classes left his binder behind one day and in it was a 22. I don't remember even getting freaked out about it. Now that I'm older and have kids of my own just the thought of it freaks me out.

When I was in high school I typically had two or three guns in my truck every day. Probably half the male population at the school did. I never actually took any of the guns into the actual school building, but I know that a few times people would take them out of their vehicles to show their friends their new hunting rifle.

When I was in high school I typically had two or three guns in my truck every day. Probably half the male population at the school did. I never actually took any of the guns into the actual school building, but I know that a few times people would take them out of their vehicles to show their friends their new hunting rifle.

Now that I'm in SC I know that kind of thing happens here too. My niece was telling me that some of the older high school boys actually go out hunting in the early AM prior to school. That kind of scenario (as long as the guns are kept out of the building) doesn't worry me as much as the kids who feel they need to carry a gun into the school in order to protect themselves.

Some middle schools do 6th-9th grade. If this were the case, he'd be an older 9th grader.

Now that I'm in SC I know that kind of thing happens here too. My niece was telling me that some of the older high school boys actually go out hunting in the early AM prior to school. That kind of scenario (as long as the guns are kept out of the building) doesn't worry me as much as the kids who feel they need to carry a gun into the school in order to protect themselves.

Is it really the above or is it more of the "look at me - I have a gun I am a tough guy" thing? Maybe I went to high school in a decent area but the need to bring a gun into school for protection was never ever once in anyone's mind.

That was what we would do. We'd go hunt deer and hogs before school and hunt dove and quail after school. My senior year I had plenty of credits, so I got to be an aid for one of the counselors. I worked it out where I was her aid first period, and she knew I wasn't going to show up during the months of November and December.