[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question for the mechanics

Perchoutofwater

I'm thinking of getting a new cowboy cadillac. The 2011 F350 King Ranch I'm looking at has the new 6.7L in it. Have any of y'all heard of any problems with it? Supposedly you don't have to take the cab of like you did with some issues on the 6.4L. It has more HP and torque than the 6.4L, and supposedly the fuel economy is 20% better than the 6.4L. I know there are a ton of mods for the 6.4L and that a Spartan 6.4L is still hotter than the new 6.7L stock, but I think Spartan is coming out with their Phalanx for the 6.7 sometime in the next few weeks. Has anyone heard any legitimate complaints or chronic problems with the 6.7L.

It's been my experience to usually stay away from a 1st gen motor. Just like everything else, it's better to wait until they work out all the kinks.

Just my :wacko: .

I'll try & check at work tomorrow to see if there's been any pattern issues with them.

I hear what you are saying. I've been trying to find a used low mileage 2010 that I like, but have had a hard time. I went to look at one yesterday a few cities over and the damn thing got sold an hour before I got there. I really need to get a "new" truck, as I my current vehicle is a company vehicle, and since we are closing the company getting rid of all the work trucks. The work trucks aren't as nice as I'd like them to be for a daily driver, so I'm getting rid of my vehicle which is a company vehicle as well. I need to get something in the next month or two. I really don't want to get a Chevy or Dodge because I have always just preferred Ford's and the recent financial mess that Chevy and Dodge have had just make me like Ford that much better. The questions is do I keep looking for the low Mileage 2010 and possibly have to settle on something that isn't exactly like I want it, or do I get the new one just the way I like it. Based on mileage and power the new 6.7L sounds great. I share your reservations about 1st generation motors, but might be willing to make an exception here. I'm really looking for someone to give me a concrete reason not to get it.

why do ya need somethun that big?

Primarily just to piss off the birkenstock wearing tree-huggers. All kidding aside, I'm always hauling toys back and forth to the deer lease. It gotten a little hairy a couple of times in the 1/2 ton I've been using. It really isn't enough truck. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do business wise, once I get our current company closed down. If me and my brother don't do something together we are looking at out side the construction industry, I might open up a smaller commercial construction business, or build houses. If I do that I'll be hauling around equipment. I need a 3/4 ton. I probably don't need a 1 ton, but there is no difference in fuel economy, less than $1,000 difference in pricing and it gives me more options as to what I can pull. Also finding a 3/4 ton down here with an 8' bed is next to impossible. Almost all 8' beds are are either 1/2 tons or 1 tons, don't ask me why because I have no idea. I could special order one, but then I'd lose incentives and the 3/4 ton would cost more than the 1 ton.

what about diesel? i'm no wrencher or math dude but i hear stories of guys goin ta Sturges and the diesels never have ta fill up. the reg trucks fill up twice, can that be right

I'm definitely getting the diesel. Without any load the 6.7L is getting 26-30 mpg depending on wheel size on the highway. I test drove one for an hour today in the city and averaged 21 mpg, and was a little heavy footed wanting to see what it would do.. With 1500 lbs in the bed in mixed driving test the 6.7L averaged 19.2 mpg, and with towing capacity maxed out it still averaged 9.36 mpg.

I'm definitely getting the diesel. Without any load the 6.7L is getting 26-30 mpg depending on wheel size on the highway. I test drove one for an hour today in the city and averaged 21 mpg, and was a little heavy footed wanting to see what it would do.. With 1500 lbs in the bed in mixed driving test the 6.7L averaged 19.2 mpg, and with towing capacity maxed out it still averaged 9.36 mpg.

Make a list of yer demands, my friend owns a Ford dealship and is on my ass ta trade in my 2001 but i tell'm it's paid for and they make long lasting trucks :wacko: I'd be curious how good he could do