[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IE 7 question - what in tf

BeeR

Occasionally when I try to navigate my "Favorites" folders, on one of them a tiny little gray square appears near where it should expand...but it won't expand. I can right-click and say "open" and a file mgr type window pops up w/the links, so I can get to my stuff, but it's annoying to have to do and this seems totally random. PC 101 type tricks (reboot etc) don't change this. Weirder still, eventually it seems to just sort of go away.

I'd rather not "upgrade" to IE 8 or 9 as I don't get the impression they buy me anything (short of maybe fixing this) and just take up more space and memory, but might consider if I can't fix this. Anyone experienced or heard of it?

PS no point wasting your time trying to sell me on another browser. What I have seen of others I like even less.

why are you using IE when Firefox and Chrome are so much better and faster?

Because I've found Firefox to unreliable/buggy as fing hell (would hang up etc) to the point where I finally gave up and I just hate Chrome's user interface. Not a big fan of IE either just seemed lesser of the evils.

Because I've found Firefox to unreliable/buggy as fing hell (would hang up etc) to the point where I finally gave up and I just hate Chrome's user interface. Not a big fan of IE either just seemed lesser of the evils.

same here

I'd like to use Chrome, but how the hell do they not make a google toolbar for it?!?

same here

I'd like to use Chrome, but how the hell do they not make a google toolbar for it?!?

It really makes no sense that they didn't bring all the toolbar functionality to the browser. its probably because they want users to use iGoogle, but even that doesn't do everything the toolbar does. I still use Chrome, because I am after the speed; I use IE when I have to for work.

why are you using IE when Firefox and Chrome are so much better and faster?

digging chrome, but some biz SAS apps we use don't support it - in the minority but I can't stand FF, last version I had was SLOW as chit

IE9 is pretty slick and damn near as fast as chrome so far.........

IE9 is pretty slick and damn near as fast as chrome so far.........

Just loaded it this morning and it is pretty slick. Very easy to set up the ad blocking feature so websites get loaded even faster. I know that this site used to often get hung up in my browser while it was loading some ads. This is no longer an issue.

Also has some nice security features that should help block a lot of the tracking cookies that are out there. I run a scan every night to get rid of these types of cookies and ones from the same companies always seem to show up regardless of what I would do with the settings. We'll see how it goes with IE9.

One thing that did happen though is that I went to a website that I use for e-mail and the web application wasn't working on IE 9. This wasn't a huge deal since there is a "compatability button" that when pushed dummies the browser down to an older version to handle sites that are not yet compatible with IE 9. I don't think the "compatability button" is new to IE9 but it was the first time I ever had to use it. I'm sure these sites will catch up quickly to the new technology since IE has such a big share of the market.