[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Movie of the week: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

tazinib1

Immediately one of my top films of all time, visually. Roger Deakins is brilliant again. If you have not had the chance to see this, I highly recommend it.

EAT: Jesse Wells? :wacko: Should read Jesse James

Edited by tazinib1

:wacko:

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Ten years ago, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed this movie. Back then, I simply wanted action or comedy. As I've gotten older, I've learned to really appreciate character pieces, which is exactly what this movie is. Brad Pitt plays the confident, idolized outlaw, Jesse James, in the final of months of his life. Casey Affleck plays the weak, cowardly Robert Ford, who grows up idolizing and wanting to be like Jesse James, though he is basically the polar opposite in character. While Pitt is very solid in his role, Affleck provides a phenomenal performance. I've seen Affleck in a few movies now, and I'm very impressed with his ability. He is a much better actor than his brother, in my opinion. My only complaint with this movie is that at 2 hours and 30 minutes, it is a bit long. They could have probably made it 30 minutes shorter and still go the plot accomplished. All in all though, I really like the performances and the story, and enjoyed this movie.