[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any leaks on the forced negotiations?

Bronco Billy

Forced negotiations were supposed to resume between the owners and players yesterday per the order of Judge Nelson.

Anyone hearing anything? Although I have to admit I am heartened by the lack of news - it means that both sides seem to be taking this very seriously as well as not trying to piss off the judge.

In this case, I'd say no news is good news until said news is, "We came to an agreement"

Otherwise, it's nothing but either side pretending that they're bending over backwards regardless of whether or not they are.

I would think that you have a direct pipeline into the hearts and minds of the owners at this point . . . .

Care to enlighten the rest of us how we can break up these ungrateful bastich players?

:wacko:

The judge better not catch you posting here on your blackberry instead of paying attention to negotiations, DeMaurice.

The judge instructed both sides to return to mediation AND to not discuss it with the media. So as already said - it will be no news and then hopefully good news.

well......

my wife's brother was in Baskin-Robbins and heard heard a guy say that he was married to DeMaurice's cousin and that negotiations are going well....

Seriously, my boss was sitting with Morningwheg at last night's Flyers' game. They got to talking about the lockout. While he refused to provide specifics, the coach is "sure" that it will be "business as usual" by June or July. Hardly a revelation, but take from it whatever peace ye may.