[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little prayer/best wishes request...

rocknrobn26

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got out of the ER. Mrs. RR thought her swelling got worse and was afraid she might have a blood clot. After an Ultra sound all was fine (4 hours later). Thank God all was well, but...

Here's my vent/rant:

We had to go to a pre-surgery seminar. 1.5 hours and they put the fear of God into you. My wife, God love her, is a worrier and a major rule follower. She wouldn't drive 60mph in a 55mph zone knowingly. She went to a post-surgery seminar w/o me (We didn't know about that one). She told me the gist of it, but it sounded like more warnings and doom. Anyway her mind set since the surgery is very focused...on the bad stuff. The PT and the nurse at home have told her the swelling/bruising/stiffness is normal and her incision looks great, her movement is great, but all she hears/heard and is focused on is the negatives that they pounded into her. :lol:

I am NOT angry (I couldn't be knowing how she has helped me thru several "false alarms") w/ Mrs. RR nor do I think she was acting wacko, but I think these seminars are over the top! Maybe they have to be w/ our litigious society, but I wish they could throttle it back a bit knowing that some people take it too seriously?

BTW...Peapod is great! We did our first order yesterday and even Mrs. RR said the prices weren't bad, but my Mom hates it. We got her the plum tomatoes she wanted and when she saw them she said "Those aren't plum tomatoes!" :wacko: We buy 98.99% of the food for all of us BUT my Mom (God love her) has to buy her stuff, BY HERSELF! Takes her 1.5 hours (for $25 worth of stuff) and the Mrs. could easily get it for her and save time but nooooo. She has to do it. :rofl: I know...she's old and we should just do it for her but we now don't have the time. And Peapod did a great job. :tup:

There's more but I'll spare anyone who has read this far from further pain. :bow::rofl:

Rant over.

Thanks again.

Edited by rocknrobn26

I am NOT angry (I couldn't be knowing how she has helped me thru several "false alarms") w/ Mrs. RR nor do I think she was acting wacko, but I think these seminars are over the top! Maybe they have to be w/ our litigious society, but I wish they could throttle it back a bit knowing that some people take it too seriously?

Some of the classes can focus on the negative too much because of the fear of law suits, but most are just trying to be as informative as possible. Hopefully as she continues to heal her fears will lessen alot.

Glad to read the ultrasound was normal. :wacko:

I am just like her with the information. I swear I can read myself out of taking a baby aspirin. I have a great doctor that knows how I will read all the side effects and end up not taking the meds so she is now trained to tell me that it is only 1 in every 300 thousand that get the runs etc.

Man I hope that best for both of you RR but give Mrs. RR and extra hug and kiss and tell her it was me slipping my tongue behind her ear. :wacko:

Some of the classes can focus on the negative too much because of the fear of law suits, but most are just trying to be as informative as possible. Hopefully as she continues to heal her fears will lessen alot.

Thanks and hopefully this will be the end to her fears. I understand what you are saying.

I am just like her with the information. I swear I can read myself out of taking a baby aspirin. I have a great doctor that knows how I will read all the side effects and end up not taking the meds so she is now trained to tell me that it is only 1 in every 300 thousand that get the runs etc.

Man I hope that best for both of you RR but give Mrs. RR and extra hug and kiss and tell her it was me slipping my tongue behind her ear. :tup:

Hugs and kisses were already given. She did say she had a strange feeling behind her ear. I told her it was a snake that I thrashed afterward. She was cool w/ that. :lol:

Yep...

My wife is the same way. I get irritated with her all the time over some of the silly stuff she worries over/focuses on. Glad to hear she did well & I think you'll both be pleasantly surprised at how quickly she recovers. :tup:

Don't you think that's a little inappropriate, considering she just got out of surgery? :tup:

Ask Skippy! He's the one w/ the kisses behind her ear.

Update:

I thinks we passed the first corner and there is a faint light at the end of the tunnel. We saw the PA today, had her staples removed, so now she can shower. Interestingly...she still smells good to me. :rofl: She is handling the meds very well, has a 900 bend, and (when I remind her) is walking better than the peg leg pirate she walked like before. She still has a long road to hoe, but she is a trooper and will do fine.

Did I mention that I'm the cook? No casualties so far. :wacko: But we have a cleaner kitchen than ever. :rofl:

Thanks again to all of you for the prayers and best wishes. I am sure she would not have done as well w/o them! :lol: to all of my Huddle bros and sis's! I can't thank you enough. Yall came thru for her and I am deeply indebted. To those of you that called and/or emailed/pm'd, my special thanks.

We still have a ways to go, but I think we're thru the worst.

Sincerely,

rocknrobn26

PS: Lets concentrate on the others (Hugh's friends daughter et. al.).