[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

economics in berkeley

Azazello1313

Trust me, Berkeley is like a world by itself. If you were an alien dropping in to earth for the first time, you would get a really inaccurate view of what the world is like.

They're acting like some huge multi-state/national corporation came into town and started undercutting them... It sounds like Monterey market that is offering these products and cutting into the sales of others is locally owned and has been there longer than these smaller shops, Monterey is the one who should be mad that these other merchants came in at a later date and started competing with them.

Edited by SEC=UGA

They're acting like some huge multi-state/national corporation came into town and started undercutting them... It sounds like Monterey market that is offering these products and cutting into the sales of others is locally owned and has been there longer than these smaller shops, Monterey is the one who should be mad that these other merchants came in at a later date and started competing with them.

That does not appear to be the opinion of the recently departed Monterey manager, according to the article. The store has only recently started stocking the exact same specialties as the other stores, only cheaper.

Trust me, Berkeley is like a world by itself. If you were an alien dropping in to earth for the first time, you would get a really inaccurate view of what the world is like.

This is correct. Getting something done, development/construction-wise, in that city, is like dealing with aliens. One of my buddies here in Austin is marrying a girl who's from Berkeley. She's nuts.

If I were to describe the city, and 90% of its citizens, in a series of graemlins, it'd go something like this:

:tup::lol::yay::rofl::brew::brew::rofl::bow::wacko:

That does not appear to be the opinion of the recently departed Monterey manager, according to the article. The store has only recently started stocking the exact same specialties as the other stores, only cheaper.

That's true.

They're battling back against those other stores who have recently com in and eroded their market share. Had those other greedy retailers never invaded Moenterey's market (pun intended) this never would have happened. Now all of a sudden the venerable, privately, locally owned market is fighting back against the foreign invaders who sought to tear it asunder.

I say Monterey Market should go for the jugular!!!!

it's just a little weird for me to see people openly lobbying to create a collusive anti-consumer cartel to inflate prices....and then talking about it all self-righteous like it's morally imperative. koOokoOoo :wacko:

Communism is very Californian.