[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stop F...ing!

SEC=UGA

CHICAGO (Reuters) – Studies released by a reproductive rights research group on Thursday show that unintended pregnancies cost U.S. taxpayers about $11 billion a year.

One study by the New York-based Guttmacher Institute and another by the Washington-based Brookings Institution looked at the public costs of unintended pregnancies. A third study by Guttmacher, which put out all of the studies, looked at unintended pregnancy rates at the state level.

The research found that in 2006, 64 percent of births resulting from unintended pregnancies were publicly funded, compared with 48 percent of all births and 35 percent of births resulting from intended pregnancies.

The research comes as some states consider legislation that would limit funding for non-abortion family planning services, said Elizabeth Nash, a Guttmacher public policy associate.

"We're absolutely concerned that either the restrictions on family planning funds and cuts to family planning funds will have substantial impact to women having access to these services," Nash said.

"Women may end up with unintended pregnancies or not use the birth control that's best for them."

Indiana, for example, has a new law that would cut funding to Planned Parenthood of Indiana, Nash said. Planned Parenthood has sued, claiming the law could cost the state about $4 million in Medicaid family planning funds.

Other states considering limiting family planning funding include Kansas, Texas, North Carolina and Minnesota, Nash said.

A publicly funded birth on average costs $11,647, according to the research. The different studies by Guttmacher and Brookings varied in their methodological approach, but both came up with a figure of over $11 billion a year for the taxpayer cost of unintended pregnancies.

In Louisiana and Mississippi, more than 80 percent of unintended births are publicly funded, Guttmacher found. The percentage was over 70 percent in some other states, including Texas, the District of Columbia, North and South Carolina and Kentucky.

The study that looked at unintended pregnancy rates by state found the numbers were highest in the South and Southwest, including Mississippi and Florida, and in states with large urban populations, such as New York and California.

the numbers were highest in the South and Southwest, including Mississippi and Florida, and in states with large urban populations, such as New York and California.

I wonder if that's a coincedence or correlates to anything else.

I think we should divert at least some of the money used there to instead ship these people to a 3d world country, where they might in fact fit in much better anyway.

I wonder if that's a coincedence or correlates to anything else.

I think we should divert at least some of the money used there to instead ship these people to a 3d world country, where they might in fact fit in much better anyway.

I'm wondering how many of them can trace their origin back to a 3rd world nation....

I'm gonna go and pull the stats off of the research.

Hits the mark much closer to the mark. For some time now intelligent people generally seem to be having 2, 3 kids, tops, and many choose none, while the low-brow losers continue breeding like rabbits, with the gubmint all too happy to enable with welfare, additional money if you have kids etc.

All hail the Toilet Bowl Effect, which is an apt analogy in numerous ways :wacko:

CHICAGO (Reuters) – Studies released by a reproductive rights research group on Thursday show that unintended pregnancies cost U.S. taxpayers about $11 billion a year.

One study by the New York-based Guttmacher Institute and another by the Washington-based Brookings Institution looked at the public costs of unintended pregnancies. A third study by Guttmacher, which put out all of the studies, looked at unintended pregnancy rates at the state level.

The research found that in 2006, 64 percent of births resulting from unintended pregnancies were publicly funded, compared with 48 percent of all births and 35 percent of births resulting from intended pregnancies.

The research comes as some states consider legislation that would limit funding for non-abortion family planning services, said Elizabeth Nash, a Guttmacher public policy associate.

"We're absolutely concerned that either the restrictions on family planning funds and cuts to family planning funds will have substantial impact to women having access to these services," Nash said.

"Women may end up with unintended pregnancies or not use the birth control that's best for them."

Indiana, for example, has a new law that would cut funding to Planned Parenthood of Indiana, Nash said. Planned Parenthood has sued, claiming the law could cost the state about $4 million in Medicaid family planning funds.

Other states considering limiting family planning funding include Kansas, Texas, North Carolina and Minnesota, Nash said.

A publicly funded birth on average costs $11,647, according to the research. The different studies by Guttmacher and Brookings varied in their methodological approach, but both came up with a figure of over $11 billion a year for the taxpayer cost of unintended pregnancies.

In Louisiana and Mississippi, more than 80 percent of unintended births are publicly funded, Guttmacher found. The percentage was over 70 percent in some other states, including Texas, the District of Columbia, North and South Carolina and Kentucky.

The study that looked at unintended pregnancy rates by state found the numbers were highest in the South and Southwest, including Mississippi and Florida, and in states with large urban populations, such as New York and California.

ah but don't us condoms

It's simple really...until Line 37 of your 1040 reads at least $250,000.00, you're in the abortion line.

Post birth abortions, awesome... At least I think that's what yer saying, right? Do we get until we're at least 35 before they start enforcing that?

I was talking about Idiocracy with my wife over lunch. We may be going for our 5th kid after some professional stuff in my life sorts itself out in an effort to offset the numbskulls out there wantonly making babies with overlapping parents ("I'd like you to meet my half-brothers' half-brother. It's pretty cool, 'cause, he's my dad, too.").

I was talking about Idiocracy with my wife over lunch. We may be going for our 5th kid after some professional stuff in my life sorts itself out in an effort to offset the numbskulls out there wantonly making babies with overlapping parents ("I'd like you to meet my half-brothers' half-brother. It's pretty cool, 'cause, he's my dad, too.").

Go muck go! Every time I meet intelligent, got-it-together couples who go "we're not sure we even want kids" or "2 is our max" I feel our society swirl town the crapper just a little bit more and go home and get drunk because of it.

OK so I'd do the drinking anyway, but still.

You ahole, now I'll have bad dreams. And I only watched the first 5 seconds of it.

:wacko: If you don't want to sleep at all, watch the whole damn thing! :scary:

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking she didn't pay for these herself.

Edited by millerx