[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help a Huddler

darin3

I have a buddy who owns a jewelry store and bought 6 of these as a novelty item. It's weird, he didnt sell a single one. :tup:

Here's a crazy idea for great pub for him. Link him to the page of the jeweler that jobbed Balla and have him announce via comment that he will give Bayou Sunflower a set of pearl studs. Then all the FB fans can order from him online. :wacko:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a crazy idea for great pub for him. Link him to the page of the jeweler that jobbed Balla and have him announce via comment that he will give Bayou Sunflower a set of pearl studs. Then all the FB fans can order from him online. :wacko:

I like it...I like it alOT

Maybe someone said it, but it seemed to me they had no specific deadline and just waited for that millisecond at an arbitrary time to call the bogus winner.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe someone said it, but it seemed to me they had no specific deadline and just waited for that millisecond at an arbitrary time to call the bogus winner.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I must say that I thought it rather puzzling that they never announced a deadline on their facebook page. Something like "Two hours left. Everyone get your votes in. Voting ends at 4:00 pm CST"

Nope, all we knew is that it "ended Tuesday".

And, assuming that you haven't announced a time (which, again seems silly). How could you just step in and call a race that has obviously been going back and forth all day long? I mean, it would be one thing if one was 25 votes ahead of the other. Still lame compared to actually having an announced finish time, but whatever.

This just seems sort of fishy.

Whatever, they seemingly got what they wanted, a stupid name for their $20K diamond. It's their diamond, after all.

You have to understand, this is Baton Rouge we're talking about. Louisiana is the most corrupt state in the nation. Things are shady. This is a local jeweler run by coonasses tryin' to be all fancy n' stuff. They want their expensive diamond to sound "fancy". So, pairing a couple words of different languages fits the bill. (Disclaimer: this is according to my wife... a coonass).

You have to understand, this is Baton Rouge we're talking about. Louisiana is the most corrupt state in the nation. Things are shady. This is a local jeweler run by coonasses tryin' to be all fancy n' stuff. They want their expensive diamond to sound "fancy". So, pairing a couple words of different languages fits the bill. (Disclaimer: this is according to my wife... a coonass).

But aren't they coonasses who actually have a bit of French woven into their culture? I mean, it's not freaking Baton Rosso.

But aren't they coonasses who actually have a bit of French woven into their culture? I mean, it's not freaking Baton Rosso.

:wacko: It definately isn't Baton Rosso and we are all coonasses. These guys are a local jeweler, they have a location in North/Central Louisiana and here in Baton Rouge. They tried to come up with these "contests" to generate interest in their facebook page. I actually thought that once I tapped into my friends here/and on facebook we would have blown them out the water but like someone mentioned the little highschoolers gave us a run for the money. The contest was great for what they wanted but SHAM WOW!ty in execution. I'm sure I could proally give them some SHAM WOW! in small claims courrt. Usually when you enter contests, don't you have a "terms and conditions" I mean I know this isn't a "McDonald's Monopoly" game but they should think it through and make it fair.

They just posted this after I replied to Kasey,

Chad, we did not intend to offend anyone when we closed the contest at noon. We do apologize for never stating exactly what time the contest would end and we will make a note to clearly state when any of our future contests do end. In regar...ds to the voting, when I personally checked the voting at noon, bella soleil was ahead by one vote and I had already decided that morning that the contest would close at noon. There was no way for me to close the poll without deleting it and that in turn still allowed people to vote even after we had announced and decided the winner. There was never any idea to deceive, manipulate, or cheat anyone out of winning. But because of this little mishap and the notion that we are still learning the rules to all of our Facebook contests as we go I am going to award the three finalists all a pair of pearl stud earrings. Hopefully this will not put the integrity of our business into question and show all of our fans that we just do this to support our awesome and well deserving clients.

-Matthew Patton

They have done the right thing. Let's let it go.

The originally announced winner now has started she was only in it for fun, feels bad about the bad publicity for the store, and has said she doesn't even want the earrings.

What a snatch.

I notice she still hasn't come clean about not being able to spell her own name. She needs to realize that the longer she prolongs this, the worse it will ultimately be. Just ask Roger Clemens.