[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Talented rock drum battle...

millerx

I found this searching through some stuff on youtube...

it seems we have quite a few music enthusiasts here at the huddle as well as rock fans, so I thought I'd post this for those in these categories...

Personally, I put Godsmack is up there as one of the best rock bands of the past decade. They have an incredible collection of hit songs and have stood the test of time which seems harder and harder for bands to do these days.

Anyway, here you go:

Thoughts?

ETA: Oh, and for some reason there is a delay in the video so the video doesn't kick on until the 20 second mark.

Edited by millerx

meh. not saying he isn't talented, but speed doesn't equal quality... besides this thread wasn't about who is considered the best drummer.

:wacko: Dave Lombardo is far more than speed. How about rudiments or playing in different time sigs? Lombardo is far more than just Slayers drummer. Check out Fantomas, or his other projects. And yes, Lombardo is in a different class.

The three best drumming performances I've ever seen was at Slayer, Tool, and DMB. Carter Beuford is a monster.

:wacko: Dave Lombardo is far more than speed. How about rudiments or playing in different time sigs? Lombardo is far more than just Slayers drummer. Check out Fantomas, or his other projects. And yes, Lombardo is in a different class.

The three best drumming performances I've ever seen was at Slayer, Tool, and DMB. Carter Beuford is a monster.

Read my post again... I'm not saying he isn't talented. Okay, it might have given the wrong impression that I was saying he was only speed. I didn't mean that.

But again, this thread wasn't to compare drummers but rather to share what I thought was a good show with the two drummers.

Edited by millerx