[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL Draft Setup

Gopher

The last couple of seasons (in my local keeper league), I've selected "Live Draft" so that we have the Live Draft Room Option. In other words, if we select "Email Draft" which is designed for longer drafts taking several days (which ours is, technically), the Draft Room option goes away. Here is my question/concern... I get the following message in MFL:

Please read this important note about your draft. Your league is currently set up for a live draft. That means your league draft is done on the MyFantasyLeague.com site, and is expected to be over in a matter of hours. Some commissioners incorrectly choose this setting for longer-running drafts, and end up having problems with the draft timer, pre-draft picks, and/or system-generated emails. If you think you might have accidentally chosen the wrong draft type for your league, you can change it on the General League Setup page.

So, is there any way for me to set up a draft where I can have all of the following?

- Draft room

- Email notifications and/or texts to owners when they are OTC

- Timer (that shuts off from midnight to 6 AM)

- Pre-draft ability

Or, am I not able to do the emails/texts and timer, if I choose the live draft (draft room) option?

each owner has an option to select emails for draft update , so as long as it is checked they will get an email regardless of what set up you choose

And the draft timer will work as well? I guess I'm just somewhat unsure what the MFL warning message means, exactly. It's fairly vague, almost as if to say that there MIGHT be issues, but nobody is really sure. :wacko:

I do remember having issues with the draft timer last year, where I had it set, but it didn't work the way I had intended. I'm wondering now if it was because I had selected "Live Draft" instead of "Email Draft."

each owner has an option to select emails for draft update , so as long as it is checked they will get an email regardless of what set up you choose

If the pick is made from the "Live Draft Room" instead of selecting the "Draft" option, no e-mail is generated announcing the pick regardless of what e-mails the owners have selected to receive. Also, if the owner has not selected to receive the draft updates and/or OTC reminder e-mails, none will be sent to them.

You can do a "slow" e-mail draft and still have a draft timer in affect. I'm assuming it would be somewhere between a few hours to a day or so. You can set this up to turn on/off at preset times. And owners can go in a predraft.

For MSHB, both options show up (Live Draft Room or Draft), you can get in the draft room if you want to, we have a timer in affect, I get e-ails on draft picks made from the Draft option and we can predraft.

now that I believe Gopher got his answer I have a question. About to switch from CBS.

when we have our live draft with CBS there is a live draft room with all players listed and as people pick I just click on a players name and they're added to the drafter's roster. Can I do this at MFL? And if the timer ( say 2 minutes) expires bfore I click on a player name, will it just wait for me to do so?