[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pre-paid Internet USB?

Brentastic

Do any technology gurus know if there is such a thing? Here's my dilema. I have wireless internet at home that I use my laptop with - great. However, every once in awhile, I need to go out of town with my laptop. Previously, I've had a USB internet thingy that I paid a monthly fee through my phone. The problem is that I used that thing maybe 3 times per year, so paying a monthly fee makes little sense. What I'd like to do is when I am going out of town again (for my fantasy draft), I'd like to just buy something that allows me to get online for a limited amount of time. Is there anything out there that will acommodate this request?

Do any technology gurus know if there is such a thing? Here's my dilema. I have wireless internet at home that I use my laptop with - great. However, every once in awhile, I need to go out of town with my laptop. Previously, I've had a USB internet thingy that I paid a monthly fee through my phone. The problem is that I used that thing maybe 3 times per year, so paying a monthly fee makes little sense. What I'd like to do is when I am going out of town again (for my fantasy draft), I'd like to just buy something that allows me to get online for a limited amount of time. Is there anything out there that will acommodate this request?

There's not a market for that because most hotels and businesses have free wireless internet. :wacko:

ETA: Restaraunts - not businesses.

Edited by westvirginia

Starbucks

I recommend going to a Starbucks . . .or McDonalds . . . or any one of the hundred other wifi businesses. :wacko:

Doesnt cricket have a prepaid internet connection available?

Curious, I'm wondering the same. Not all Droids are tetherable unless you activate the service, which is expensive through AT&T. You could root the phone, but that's a difficult process (more difficult than jailbreaking an iPhone).

Someone mentioned Cricket to me the other day when I was asking about this.

That said, for my purposes, I think I'm fine with finding a McDonald's or Starbucks. They're everywhere.

I have one from Verizon. I have a netbook I use when traveling. Because you are not buying a monthly plan you have to pay for the USB dongle. I think the least amount of time you can buy is 1 week.

Have not used it since Jan so they may have changed it.