[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Life, The Movie

Kid Cid

Most of us have been around the block a couple of times and we have a bunch of great stories to tell. Now you get your shot. Who would be the actors or actresses to you in your biography and what 10 songs would make up the soundtrack? And just so that we're clear here, it is not necessarily songs that you like, but songs that tell your story. To help you along, I give mine first.

For the young Kid Cid, it would have to be a 1970's version of Tommy Chong. He has about the right amount of distractedness about him but I could see Brad Pitt pulling it off as well. For the current day Kid Cid, it would most definitely be Penn Jillette.

My Soundtrack

Teenage Lobotomy – The Ramones

Life in the Fast Lane – The Eagles

Truckin’ - Grateful Dead

Running with the Devil – Van Halen

Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun – Pink Floyd

Three Times a Lady – Lionel Richie

Ohio – The Pretenders

Big Time – Peter Gabriel

Black Friday – Steely Dan

Celebration – Kool and the Gang

Lou Ferringo (lookalike?)

Master Jack - Four Jacks and a Jill

Nowhere Man - Beatles

Only Human - Billy Joel

Never Rains in Southern California - Al Hammond

When will I be loved? - Linda Ronstadt

I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor

Mr Roboto - Styx

It don't Come Easy - Ringo Starr

I Get Knocked Down - Tubthumping

Road to Nowhere - Talking Heads

ETA: All These Things That I've Done - The Killers

Edited by Big John

I'd like to be played by Paul Rudd, even if I don't look a ton like him. But he's got my vibe down pretty good. The Sheikette would be played by the one actress she knows I have a celebrity crush on, Natalie Portman.

Off the top of my head, the soundtrack would be something like:

American Pie - Don McLean

A Strange Boy - Joni Mitchell

Carnival - Natalie Merchant

Time to Pretend - MGMT

Wild Wild Life - Talking Heads

Me and My Friends - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Old Man - Neil Young

Casimir Pulaski Day - Sufjian Stevens

Big Time Sensuality - Bjork

Viva Las Vegas - Elvis

Great thread idea.

...assuming we can pull actors / actresses out of different eras to play the movie...

Muck = Daniel Day Lewis (maybe) or Craig Sheffer (the older brother from A River Runs Through It) as an adult; not sure about when I was younger (maybe Jason Schwartzmann?)

Mom = Kathy Bates (funny, warm and in charge)

Dad = Andy Griffith

Sister = a young Kathryn Hepburn

Muckette = Elizabeth Shue (or Cate Blanchette?)

Mucklette = Hailee Steinfield (if musically inclined) or Lisa Simpson or a young Elizabeth Taylor (think National Velvet)

Muckster 1 = Frankie Muniz (as a 7yo)

Muckster 2 = tbd

Muckster 3 = tbd

Dog = The Beast (from Sandlot)

Soundtrack would be all new songs written by U2.

Great thread idea.

...assuming we can pull actors / actresses out of different eras to play the movie...

Muck = Daniel Day Lewis (maybe) or Craig Sheffer (the older brother from A River Runs Through It) as an adult; not sure about when I was younger (maybe Jason Schwartzmann?)

Mom = Kathy Bates (funny, warm and in charge)

Dad = Andy Griffith

Sister = a young Kathryn Hepburn

Muckette = Elizabeth Shue (or Cate Blanchette?)

Mucklette = Hailee Steinfield (if musically inclined) or Lisa Simpson or a young Elizabeth Taylor (think National Velvet)

Muckster 1 = Frankie Muniz (as a 7yo)

Muckster 2 = tbd

Muckster 3 = tbd

Dog = The Beast (from Sandlot)

Soundtrack would be all new songs written by U2.

Weak sauce right there bro.

Most of us have been around the block a couple of times and we have a bunch of great stories to tell. Now you get your shot. Who would be the actors or actresses to you in your biography and what 10 songs would make up the soundtrack? And just so that we're clear here, it is not necessarily songs that you like, but songs that tell your story.

True Story of my life: During my early 20s I discovered that I was a sleeper agent hell bent on killing terrorist and I had to defend the entire nation on the salary of an E-3 + being a part time baker.

Sound track:

(The opening scene where the US government gives me super powers to fight terrorists)

Slipknot - Purity (this would be for the scene where I run through a crowd at a subway chasing terrorist with nuclear bombs)

(the scene where I eat a bag of shrooms with a couple of buddies and decide to go out to Annapolis and kidnap a couple of hookers and force them to paint my house because I will be too busy killing terrorist to get it done for my birthday party)

(for the scene where I burst into a hostage situation and begin killing off the terrorist with my bare hands, steven seagal style

(The scene where I bang a dozen hot gothic chicks in a taxi cab while fleeing from 100 terrorist with the guns they used in the movie Eraser)

Len - If you steal my sunshine (because the studio execs demanded we put this song in to promote their record division so it's for the scene where I'm stuck in the bathroom of a 767 that is spiraling out of control and I have to finish pooping then go kill all of the terrorist and save the plan)

Fear Factory - Self Bias Resistor (This would be for the scene where I am trapped on top of the Sears building and all of the terrorist BASE jump off the building and I have no choice but to jump after them without a parachute on. A great Kung Fu fight happens as I fly between all of the terrorist and in the climate of this scene [and song] I rip away a parachute from the last living terrorist and float down to safety)

(This song is for the scene where I have to ski down a mountain on one ski while dodging rockets from the terrorist on skis behind me [think of a combination of the ski scene in true lies and inception but 10 times pimper] and I have to build a gun out of pine cones and sticks and kill all of the terrorist)

Static X - The trance is the motion (This is the scene where I discover the director of homeland security's nuclear division has a plot to detonate 20 small nuclear devices in major US cities in order to bring down the government so I locate a town out in Kansas called Jericho and pretend i'm a black guy named Robert Hawkin and hide out there)

Nothingface - Walking on Bodies (The final scene of my life story where I come walking out of the white house with a cigar in my mouth, carrying the President and his family on my shoulders and in the background there are millions of people cheering my name as I walk over all of the terrorist corpses - of course Taz has set it up so the sun is setting behind me and I look all pimp like)

Weak sauce right there bro.

...ok...in no certain order (and w/o much real thought)...

"Boys of Summer" (Don Henley)

"Ode to Joy" (Beethoven)

"When the Levee Breaks" (Led Zeppelin)

"Summertime" (DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince)

:wacko:

...sh|t...I'd be awful at pulling together a soundtrack for anything...

So, I'll stick w/ "all new songs from U2"...