[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How long do you hold on to your "sleepers?"

Goopster24

I got guys like Delone Carter, Berrian, Roberts, and Antonio Brown (:wacko:) on my bench. RB is short for me and I could use a pickup to help me. Also there are guys out there like Armstrong/Jabar out there for spot starts.

How do you weigh when to cut a sleeper? What's too early?

I drafted Delone Carter and Antonio Brown too, and probably won't hold on to either one of them very long. Carter, because of the Colts bleak situation. Brown, because I'm not sure what made me think a #3/4 WR on the Steelers offense would have that much value.

But other sleepers that I still feel have potential, or good handcuffs - I'll hold on to them as long as possible until I really *need* that roster spot. I won't drop them to pick up guys like Gaffney, Armstrong, Jacoby Jones after one week of performance.

Do not hold them too long, you have to win TODAY so if you have a need fill it...even if it means cutting a guy you think might get hot.

Do not hold him until it is too late waiting for a good game or 2 to show other owners you are the man......think about it. :wacko:

" You play, to win the game "

I always struggle with this question ... today I cut Daniel Thomas because I desperately needed some RB help ... and picked up Cadillac Williams. :wacko: I may regret this decision but I figured that it has been reported that he was somewhat unimpressive in camp/pre-season AND has a hammy.

I also cut Sims-Walker today. I thought he might do well in STL (and he might) but he didn't his targets were low and he didn't do great with his chances. So I cut his ass for Ed Dickson ... even though he has the same off week as my starting TE (Witten).

it is pretty simple for me. in redrafts always start the best possable lineup. If that means droping a sleeper to pick up a guy for a spot start then you do it. Now i wouldn't drop a sleeper for a guy who i did not need. i usually keep very fluid lineups and drop sleepers to pick up a 2nd te during a bye or something like that then pick them back up later. that being said i wouldn't keep brown in anything other then a dynasty/keeper league