[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 2 Wagering Thread

MustOfBeenDrunk

Now that we got week 1 mulligans out of the way :wacko:

Bears (Chicago)

+7

Cardinals (Arizona)

+4

Cowboys (Dallas) the only one I'm going big on ,, I was at the 49ers game last week

Jets (NewYork)

Packers (GreenBay)

Ravens (Baltimore)

Like the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS -6.5 (SBGGlobal) BIG ... look to rebound from LW disappointing loss .... but can't see Bears duplicating LW performance.

JAX +10.5 ( 5Dimes ) .... Jax defense is deceptive ... will hang in this game.

BUFFALO -3 ( 5Dimes ) ... This offense is solid , not fascinating , but solid. PLUS, West Coast team traveling 3 time zones to play 1:00 pm EST kickoff is usually a very good wager against scenario.

SAN DIEGO +9 ( 5Dimes ) ..... possible preview of AFC Championship Game ... 9 is a hell of a lot of points to give phillip Rivers and that offense. If Henne can exploit the NE Defense, imagine what Rivers can do. pLUS, San Diego Defrense AIN'T Miami. SD stays within the number here. I know SD is traveling to East Coast , but kickoff is 4:15 pm -- does make a difference.

Edited by LSUBigCajun

Some very interesting Vegas lines, which I think are telling you something. All spreads listed below are per Bodog at 10:00AM Friday.

1. Saints -7: So the Bears are coming off a very convincing win over what was supposed to be a contending Atlanta team. You would think everyone would be high on the Bears, but here they are as a 7-point dog. This tells me the oddsmakers are hoping to entice people to bet Chicago. Don't do it. The Saints are at home where they have traditionally dominated, and no way are they going to fall to 0-2. They'll win convincingly. Saints 33, Bears 20.

2. Eagles -3: OK, so this line opened at Atlanta -1, and has swung on early money to Philly -3. Huh? Atlanta a home dog, in the dome where Matty Ice is unbeatable? Yep, another game where Vegas is begging you to jump on the home team getting points. The dome won't bother Vick in his homecoming, and it won't bother the rest of the Birds, either....they just won on the road in the EDJ dome last week. Truly Vick's homecoming here, and he'll get the Eagles out to an early lead, nullifying the Atlanta rushing attack and forcing Ryan to throw into the vaunted secondary. Philly won this matchup last year convincingly in Philly with Kolb under center (300 yards, 3 TDs). This year, with Vick and a rebuilt secondary, the Falcons job only gets tougher. It won't be a blowout, but Philly will have more than enough to win. Eagles 30, Falcons 20.

3. Dolphins +3: we saw this Dolphins team get completely dominated in by New England, and mostly through the air. Most bettors likely believe that Schaub and Johnson will continue that success, and they may to a degree. Coming off a blowout win in which they ran the ball and passed effectively, the Texans looked in mid-season form. But that was against a terrible Colts football team. Miami's defense (Pats game notwithstanding) is better...much better. And they are on notice that poor play will not be tolerated, as evidenced by the release of CB Benny Sapp. And Miami's offense didn't perform poorly in their own right, with Henne and Marshall/Hartline clicking often, and Reggie Bush showing glimpses into what should be a an exciting year of him getting 20-25 touches per game. I see this game as a shootout, but I see Houston stumbling a bit here on the road in a letdown game after a big emotional divisional win. Miami bounces back, 27-24.

Lock of the week: Steelers -14.5: terrible west coast team coming east, to face a Pittsburgh squad that was completely embarrassed by the Ravens. Someone has to pay. This week, its Tavaris Jackson and his uninspired teammates. Steelers 30, Seahawks 3.

Some very interesting Vegas lines, which I think are telling you something. All spreads listed below are per Bodog at 10:00AM Friday.

1. Saints -7: So the Bears are coming off a very convincing win over what was supposed to be a contending Atlanta team. You would think everyone would be high on the Bears, but here they are as a 7-point dog. This tells me the oddsmakers are hoping to entice people to bet Chicago. Don't do it. The Saints are at home where they have traditionally dominated, and no way are they going to fall to 0-2. They'll win convincingly. Saints 33, Bears 20.

2. Eagles -3: OK, so this line opened at Atlanta -1, and has swung on early money to Philly -3. Huh? Atlanta a home dog, in the dome where Matty Ice is unbeatable? Yep, another game where Vegas is begging you to jump on the home team getting points. The dome won't bother Vick in his homecoming, and it won't bother the rest of the Birds, either....they just won on the road in the EDJ dome last week. Truly Vick's homecoming here, and he'll get the Eagles out to an early lead, nullifying the Atlanta rushing attack and forcing Ryan to throw into the vaunted secondary. Philly won this matchup last year convincingly in Philly with Kolb under center (300 yards, 3 TDs). This year, with Vick and a rebuilt secondary, the Falcons job only gets tougher. It won't be a blowout, but Philly will have more than enough to win. Eagles 30, Falcons 20.

3. Dolphins +3: we saw this Dolphins team get completely dominated in by New England, and mostly through the air. Most bettors likely believe that Schaub and Johnson will continue that success, and they may to a degree. Coming off a blowout win in which they ran the ball and passed effectively, the Texans looked in mid-season form. But that was against a terrible Colts football team. Miami's defense (Pats game notwithstanding) is better...much better. And they are on notice that poor play will not be tolerated, as evidenced by the release of CB Benny Sapp. And Miami's offense didn't perform poorly in their own right, with Henne and Marshall/Hartline clicking often, and Reggie Bush showing glimpses into what should be a an exciting year of him getting 20-25 touches per game. I see this game as a shootout, but I see Houston stumbling a bit here on the road in a letdown game after a big emotional divisional win. Miami bounces back, 27-24.

Lock of the week: Steelers -14.5: terrible west coast team coming east, to face a Pittsburgh squad that was completely embarrassed by the Ravens. Someone has to pay. This week, its Tavaris Jackson and his uninspired teammates. Steelers 30, Seahawks 3.

I could not agree with you more about the steelers. However I do like ATL, but it's not a game I will wager.

I did a 5 team PAR and bought down some of the lines.

NYJ -8 1/2

BAL -5 1/2

PIT -13 1/2

INDY +1 1/2

DAL -2 1/2

Edited by DanTheMan_5

I could not agree with you more about the steelers. However I do like ATL, but it's not a game I will wager.

I did a 5 team PAR and bought down some of the lines.

NYJ -8 1/2

BAL -5 1/2

PIT -13 1/2

INDY +1 1/2

DAL -2 1/2

Where did you find DAL -2.5 ??

I see lots of stuff I like this week. Will post plays when finalized but I can tell you right out of the gate I will be on the Falcons for sure.

Where did you find DAL -2.5 ??

Dallas was -3 and I bought down the line to -2 1/2

Jets were -9 and I bought it down to -8 1/2

PIT at the time was -14 1/2 and I bought it down to 13 1/2

Baltimore was -6 and I bought it down to -5 1/2

InDY I left unchanged,

so instead of paying 500 my 5 team par will pay 455

you should PM me...not a fan of juice

So are you willing to wait and let the line get even higher for me like my man will?

So are you willing to wait and let the line get even higher for me like my man will?

...or you could just give me the 3 right now and go.

:tup: line is 3, but at even money.

its now down to -2/-2.5 at every book in Vegas....Falcon money starting to come in by the novice bettors, which is good :wacko:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Our agreed amount @ -2.5 you on ?

Don't often play parley teasers but this one I like and played

4-team 6.5pt @ 2-1/2 to 1

Steelers - 7.5

SF / DAL over 36

HOU + 3.5

Giants straight up no points

I can't see either of these missing unless the Steelers have a total meltdown

Don't often play parley teasers but this one I like and played

4-team 6.5pt @ 2-1/2 to 1

Steelers - 7.5

SF / DAL over 36

HOU + 3.5

Giants straight up no points

I can't see either of these missing unless the Steelers have a total meltdown

Dallas 20, SF 16 :wacko:

and in my earlier write-up, I also like Miami to cover, and likely win the game over Houston outright.

I'm going against my normal and eating some big chalk today'

Steelers -14

Lions -9

Cowboys -3

Jaguars +9

I'm going against my normal and eating some big chalk today'

Steelers -14

Lions -9

Cowboys -3

Jaguars +9

that started to look like my 4 team parlay...what a rollercoaster ride...

Steelers -14

Lions -7.5

Saints -6.5

Packers -10

when the Packers went up I think 30-17 I think it was with about 2 minutes left, I went in and hurried my bet to take the Pats straight up with what I thought I won on that parlay....luckily the Pats covered (talk about a rookie mistake :tup: - the game isn't over until I'm done being screwed...over :lol:)

and now I'm about to lose my winnings betting on tonight's game :wacko:

:lol: line is 3, but at even money.

its now down to -2/-2.5 at every book in Vegas....Falcon money starting to come in by the novice bettors, which is good :tup:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Yeah, I feel so much better taking $$ from my man's safe than from a fellow Huddler. Novice you said? I broke my man's back yesterday, must just be beginners luck. :wacko: