[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is the man in the suit a perfect analogy for corporate America?

wiegie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, and for the record, I definitely agree that Az nailed me in this thread

Also, I have been showing this video to my colleagues in the economics department and when I inform them that the guy has a PhD in economics they all chuckle and say something to the effect of "yep, that sounds about right"

uh

I guess technically, Az didn't 100% directly state that the guy was an economics professor, but he sure did indeed mash things together to make that implication strongly.

:wacko: wow, this is hitting close to home, huh? he's an economist and and a college professor. you want to get defensive about the fact that he teaches at a business school and not a college of A&S? well, ok. I'm sure he has a different economic emphasis, and he's taller, drives a nicer car, lives in a nicer state, is a department head, and so on. I just thought it was funny that the dude has so much more in common with you than with 99.9% of other people in the world while you're casting him as a stereotype for others.

:wacko: wow, this is hitting close to home, huh? he's an economist and and a college professor. you want to get defensive about the fact that he teaches at a business school and not a college of A&S? well, ok. I'm sure he has a different economic emphasis, and he's taller, drives a nicer car, lives in a nicer state, is a department head, and so on. I just thought it was funny that the dude has so much more in common with you than with 99.9% of other people in the world while you're casting him as a stereotype for others.

Did I mention yet that he is a MANAGEMENT professor?

Edited by wiegie

And before Savage accuses me of being humorless, please see the post immediately above yours--you got me, no doubt about it.

dammit

(I will hold forth though that he is fatter than I am.)

Edited by wiegie

I just thought it was funny that the dude has so much more in common with you than with 99.9% of other people in the world while you're casting him as a stereotype for others.

I know I'm not the only one that finds it amusing you are giving someone a hard time for using semantics.