[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting a Droid today

whomper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1. Got my spare batteries off eBay and they last just as long as the OEM.

This. I'm not sure what taz is talking about, but I guess he is drinking the Verizon koolaid. I got two extended life batteries (3500maH), the extended back case, and a wall charger off eBay for about $20 a year ago. They still work fine.

You iPhone fanboys are funny... Read pages 3 and 4 of that article, where another author refutes pretty much all of those statements that iPhones are that superior (and are all overstated concerns anyway).

You can have fun watching 4-inch movies at a marginally better speed and quality up until your iPhone dies on you in a few hours, while I'll pop in a new battery and use all of the phone's more functional and practical uses like being a mobile phone/browser/GPS without having to be connected to the wall, and just rely on my PC and TV when I want to watch high-quality videos.

I've never understood that concern about video streaming... I mean, are we so TV obsessed that we can't even go out without demanding the highest-quality videos on the smallest possible screen? I'm perfectly fine with a slightly grainy Redzone stream when I absolutely have to watch on my phone.

I actually prefer to watch streaming videos on my iPad 2. This very moment I'm watching GBTV live from my iPad. :wacko:

I also disagree with your opinion that Web browsing is better on Android. Several months ago I tried switching to Sprint EVO but the apartments I live at happen to be in a no cell service zone (so I stayed with my iPhone). At least was the case when I tried EVO, using its mobile Firefox still didn't feel like "real" Internet. And there didn't seem to be any difference between each Android Web browser, they all sucked the same. With the iPhone, browsing the Web feels exactly the same as when doing so on a normal computer. iPhone brings the real Internet to my phone, making it all the better.

To be fair, unlike some fanboy's, I do use antivirus even though Apple products tend to have less malware. Ironically, though, it's because I share files with PCs on a regular basis, so I don't necessarily blame Macs for that...