[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ipads

Cunning Runt

Looking at getting one.

I have a couple questions.

1) Can I put microsoft office on it and use those programs - not just view them? Primarily Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.

2) I understand that the machine does not support Adobe. That is a potential deal-breaker for me as I use a ton of pdf files for my line of work. Is there a work-around to enable adobe to be used?

TIA

1. No, not that I am aware of, though there are apps that let you view and edit Office files. I just got an IPad for my birthday and am trying to decide what app is best for my needs, which would primarily be Excel functionality, but functionality with Word and Powerpoint would be a plus. Still examining options. I believe Notes and Pages have been reccomended, but exploring all my options before purchasing an app.

2. They don't support Flash is my understanding, but I was able to open up PDFs no problem in the iBooks app which came preinstalled on my iPad. I did read an article in the last day or two that said Adobe had just come out with a player/add-on that worked with the Apple iOS. Need to do more investigation.

Looking at getting one.

I have a couple questions.

1) Can I put microsoft office on it and use those programs - not just view them? Primarily Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.

2) I understand that the machine does not support Adobe. That is a potential deal-breaker for me as I use a ton of pdf files for my line of work. Is there a work-around to enable adobe to be used?

TIA

1- No. You cannot run full versions of office. You can edit office files, but it is not the same as a computer.

2- Adobe Flash is not 'supported' on Apple products. You can make it work, but it is not efficient. Any other Adobe product, such as pdf, is supported.

1- No. You cannot run full versions of office. You can edit office files, but it is not the same as a computer.

2- Adobe Flash is not 'supported' on Apple products. You can make it work, but it is not efficient. Any other Adobe product, such as pdf, is supported.

Link to article similar to one that I mentioned that Adobe now has a product that will work on iPad

I'm going to piggyback this.

I generally use the home laptop for internet, but it's the wife's work computer.

All I want is internet, but the IPad is only touchscreen, right? I have troubles with that.

Is a notepad (is that what it's called) what I want? A laptop that is internet only with a real keyboard? That's what I want as I don't want to spend alot of money but want a fairly decent speed. I don't need to stream movies or download anything substantional. Basically something that will do huddle and youtube type speed.

I generally use the home laptop for internet, but it's the wife's work computer.

All I want is internet, but the IPad is only touchscreen, right? I have troubles with that.

Is a notepad (is that what it's called) what I want? A laptop that is internet only with a real keyboard? That's what I want as I don't want to spend alot of money but want a fairly decent speed. I don't need to stream movies or download anything substantional. Basically something that will do huddle and youtube type speed.

Ipad has a bluetooth keyboard that you can connect if you need a real keyboard. I thought I would have trouble with the touchscreen keyboard but after about 5 minutes on it it has become very easy to use.

You're thinking of a Netbook. They are on their way out, submerged under an avalanche of tablets. My wife loves her Netbook, FWIW. I'd get the Bluetooth keyboard for the iPad if that's an issue for you.