[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The new challenge system

CaptainHook

. . . is stupid.

The challenges on scoring plays are ridiculous. They don't review plays they should, for example the Sproles TD or the Hernandez TD, and they challenge plays they shouldn't, for example Gonzalez second TD tonight. It is so dumb.

. . . is stupid.

The challenges on scoring plays are ridiculous. They don't review plays they should, for example the Sproles TD or the Hernandez TD, and they challenge plays they shouldn't, for example Gonzalez second TD tonight. It is so dumb.

Thought they did review it but it just didnt take long because it was a pretty obvious call :wacko:

I think they were different plays. While both "are touchdowns," the Hernandez one seemed to be poked out after he was on the ground for a second or two. But who knows, I see what you mean though.

I saw Florio say that in the case of Sproles, the replay official "forgot" to buzz the refs downstairs. What a gaffe.

It was not reviewed. If Calvin Johnson's TD last year didn't count, neither should that one.

Johnson was by himself... Hernandez had the defender's arm hooked in behind the ball. After the catch, after he was in bounds and down the defender popped the ball out. In my mind (don't know about the rule book) that was no different than a RB being down, then having a tackler rip the ball out after. I have to assume the major difference is like I said, Johnson was by himself.

The Sproles play was awfully close. Really hard to tell if he planted his heel - if he did he was on the line, but if he didn't then he was good for the TD. That would have been a really tough call either way. But it should have been reviewed, absolutely.

If it weren't so damned annoying, it would be high comedy the way a TD scored when a RB runs through the center of the line and goes into the end zone upright is delayed while review officials take a quick peek.

The Sproles play was awfully close. Really hard to tell if he planted his heel - if he did he was on the line, but if he didn't then he was good for the TD. That would have been a really tough call either way. But it should have been reviewed, absolutely.

If it weren't so damned annoying, it would be high comedy the way a TD scored when a RB runs through the center of the line and goes into the end zone upright is delayed while review officials take a quick peek.

I'm pretty sure there was a good camera angle which showed his foot out. Joe/Troy caught it. I might be wrong though...