[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The worst thing about being "that team"

detlef

You know, the team who's put up good numbers and keeps getting beat. Who's had 4 of the 5 teams he's played put up their highest total of the year against him? Who's scored top 3 pts for the week three different times and lost?

That, like everyone else, there will come weeks when you don't put up points and you really can't afford to lose many more games because you're 1-4. :wacko:

You know, the team who's put up good numbers and keeps getting beat. Who's had 4 of the 5 teams he's played put up their highest total of the year against him? Who's scored top 3 pts for the week three different times and lost?

That, like everyone else, there will come weeks when you don't put up points and you really can't afford to lose many more games because you're 1-4. :wacko:

That's why we went to bouble-headers a while ago. At least you can salvage a split when you run up against high score and you're second.

We've got that guy in our league, and I'm actually starting to feel bad for him...

WK 1- Lost to last years champ by 8 with 33 from Steve Smith and 18 from Beanie Wells on the bench, in place of guys like Moreno, Manningham (6) each, and 8 from Harvin.

WK 2- Lost to me with the 2nd highest points in the league, while I set a league record for weekly points

WK 3- Lost by 2.5, played Steve Smith for the first time (2 points) and had S. Holmes (1.5) in the lineup, Julio Jones put up 14 on the bench.

WK 4- Lost by 14 to the only other 0-3 team who scored about 50 points more than any of his first 3 weeks. Also had Beanie Wells (33) on the bench.

Wk 5- Top 3 in points, but loses to the #1 scorer who had Garcon's 26.5 and Deangelo Williams first decent game all year.

Isn't that what makes playing fun? I was second in points last year, missed the playoffs and lost 3 games by a combined .8 pts. I can now laugh about that.

It would be more fun were it not for the fact that I'm in three leagues and my other teams just plain suck. No excuses, just a who's who of guys who were supposed to be good but aren't.

Yup, same thing happened to me last year. In my case, all the bad luck I suffered while going 0-5 turned around and I was able to win seven straight and squeak into the playoffs with a 7-6 record. It was nerve-wracking the whole way.

That's me in one league. Currently the overall scoring leader, but am looking at 4-4 after coming out with a win this week. Had the second highest score 1 week and got beat, and the 3rd highest score another week and also got beat.

Luckily we play double-headers in all NFL non-bye weeks so that we get 2 games against conference foes and 1 game each against non-conference foes (14 team league, 2 conferences). With a 19 game season, those kinds of starts tend to even themselves out if you can keep your team strong through the season.

We don't play bouble-headers though. I'm not sure what those head wiggling little dolls have to do with FF.

Edited by Bronco Billy

yep.

and I really thought

Matt Ryan

Matt Forte

Ray Rice

Larry Fitzgerald

Brandon Marshall

Jason Witten (TE Optional)

Jason Hanson

Steelers D/ST

was better than it's turning out to be...1-4