[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So I picked up a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet

rocknrobn26

Yeah I know :eyore:"I shoulda got an Ipad.":eyore:, but I checked them both out and Flash capability made me buy it.

It is pretty slick.

No phone/4g, but I don't need a $30/month data plan anyway.

Anyway, what tablet/phone do anyone have?

I already looked at previous posts, but was wondering what transpired since.

Droid apps...What you got? What do I need? Stuck on level 4 of Angry Birds.

Edited by rocknrobn26

at work.

But I love my droid phone!

I'd recommend apps, but I don't use it much more than an e-book and web browser. And like you, I don't need or want a data plan for a tablet, if I had one.

I suppose the one app I'd suggest looking into is the MFL app by some guy on the FBG forums (chris stewart?). If your local library supports e-book, they probably use "overdrive", which I like cuz I now prefer reading in night mode.

I've heard good things about your tablet, so post more as you use it.

Just love it. I bookmarked all my leagues, then found MFL 2011 from another post, but thanks anyway. So I'm covered when we go to Vegas...I hope. The browser wouldn't take bookmarks, so I made a sub directory and all works fine (bug). :wacko:

Not much of a book reader, but I'll check it out. I read mostly newspapers/periodicals and have apps from the Chi Trib and USA today. So I'm covered in the bathroom/library.

Edited by rocknrobn26

I was pretty close to buying that Galaxy tab, but I think I'm going to hold off for while (maybe Christmas or next year). I do have a Samsung Galaxy II phone though and really like it so far. Amazon has a daily free android app so it might be worth checking out. Typically I just say that I'll take it and then I only install it if I really want (or worst case scenario you install and then uninstall later).

I just bought my wife the Asus Transformer today. my son works at Best Buy mobile and recommeded it over the Galaxy which he tried to convince us to get 2 months ago :wacko:

I will let you know how it works later RR.

The one thing about the Asus is the keyboard docking station makes it basically a netbook since it has 2 USB 2.0 ports on it. You can also install a SD card in the Asus as well.

ETA: I almost forgot to mention, it was also $100 less then the Galaxy

Edited by T_bone65

I just bought my wife the Asus Transformer today. my son works at Best Buy mobile and recommeded it over the Galaxy which he tried to convince us to get 2 months ago :wacko:

The one thing about the Asus is the keyboard docking station makes it basically a netbook since it has 2 USB 2.0 ports on it. You can also install a SD card in the Asus as well.

Just read there is a Transformer 2 coming out soon.

Asus is a solid company. I looked at the specs on line and the Asus (and others...) was solid, but I went w/ the Sammy. Good reviews for many, the diff being a FCH tween them all. Lets face it...w/ today's tech you're only current for 24.1 hours anyway. The Kindle Fire could set a new fave/standard @ $200 w/ all the features of the current Tabs...I'm skeptical, but I didn't want to wait anyway, and I don't pre-order anything.

I bought an adapter ($19) that lets me hook up any USB device. An SD slot would have been convenient, but I have at least 3 different cards so I need a reader anyway.

Good luck w/ the Asus.

A lot of my friends have pick this up as well as their iPads. It's a pretty good tablet imo.

If you're talking about the Galaxy, thanks for the info. My SIL is a geek (He's a network engineer for a major corp) and he gave me a thumbs up, but he became an Apple fan over the last year to expand his knowledge base. Can't wait to talk to him about my choice.