[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy Birthday Devil Dogs!

The Holy Roller

Birthed at Tun Tavern on November 10,1775, the United States Marine Corps is still in the business of defending this great nation and each other. Happy birthday Leathernecks! See you at the ball tonight!!

:wacko:

Edited by The Holy Roller

The USMC is over 236 years of romping, stomping, hell, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever seen. We were born in a bomb crater, our Mother was an M-16, and our Father was the Devil. Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life. I am a rough looking, roving soldier of the sea. I am cocky, self-centered, overbearing, and do not know the meaning of fear, for I am fear itself. I am a green amphibious monster, made of blood and guts, who arose from the sea, feasting on anti-Americans throughout the globe. Whenever it may arise, and when my time comes, I will die a glorious death on the battlefield, giving my life for Mom, the Corps, and the American Flag. We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army. On the 7th day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers and talk like sailors and slap the Hell out of both of them. Soldier by day, lover by night, drunkard by choice,

Semper Fi!

Edited by tosberg34

One of the many things I greatly respect about the Marines is one of their motto's - "Every man is a rifle man". No matter what your job title is, you are expected to pull a trigger when anything goes down.

One of the many things I greatly respect about the Marines is one of their motto's - "Every man is a rifle man". No matter what your job title is, you are expected to pull a trigger when anything goes down.

+1

I did 6 years in the Army and for all of the people who filled admin/logistic roles they still had to qualify with their weapons but they were in no way prepared to step on a battle field as an infantry solider. They basically would have 4 times a year field training, 2 weeks to practice shooting and then the qualifying day.

In the Marines everyone is a deadly machine. I have several friends who are Marines and if you ever want to see the difference between the Army and the Marines, watch the boot camp shows on the military channel. The crucible alone would break a lot of people I know in the Army and I'm not taking anything away from the Army (Huaaah!), I'm just punctuating the fact that the United States Marines are some bad-asses.

"Marines die. That's what we do" ~Gunny Sgt Hartman

To expand on that:

Every Marine has to requalify with a rifle every year. Airwingers, office poggys, motor transport, everybody. When I was in we grunts had MANY opportunities to go "live" shoot in many different range situations yearly. There was never a doubt that if the flag went up every Marine would know how to handle his weapon.

And a few of us even knew how to handle our "gun". :wacko: