[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JUMbotron Week 11

JUMbotron

"--Redskins rookie WR Leonard Hankerson’s targets have grown from 4 to 5 to 9 over the last three weeks. Last weeks’ 8-106-0 effort wasn’t a fluke. The kid’s earned a role in practice and it should continue as long as Santana Moss is out. Last week should have been 9-125-0 for Hankerson if not for this indescribable throw by Rex Grossman."

Isn't Hankerson on IR?

"--Redskins rookie WR Leonard Hankerson’s targets have grown from 4 to 5 to 9 over the last three weeks. Last weeks’ 8-106-0 effort wasn’t a fluke. The kid’s earned a role in practice and it should continue as long as Santana Moss is out. Last week should have been 9-125-0 for Hankerson if not for this indescribable throw by Rex Grossman."

Isn't Hankerson on IR?

Yes.

Re: Kendall Hunter

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011...a-joint-concern

The 49ers will play host to the Cardinals and then have a short week to prepare for a game in Baltimore on Thanksgiving. That game is a rare instance in which a team must travel three time zones on a short week.

Gore was asked if he might see more relief from backup Kendall Hunter because of the short turnaround.

“Whatever coach wants to do,” he said. “I’m fine with it. But I want to be out there. I want to be out there bad.”

Edited by JUMbotron

The 49ers will play host to the Cardinals and then have a short week to prepare for a game in Baltimore on Thanksgiving. That game is a rare instance in which a team must travel three time zones on a short week.

Gore was asked if he might see more relief from backup Kendall Hunter because of the short turnaround.

“Whatever coach wants to do,” he said. “I’m fine with it. But I want to be out there. I want to be out there bad.”

Here's to Gore going beasty in the 1st half for 100 yds and at least a score and then giving way to Hunter to do the same in the 2nd half. That would work out well for me both as a Niner fan and someone who, due to bye weeks and the uncertainty of Gore's status, is sort of forced to start them both.

Fixed.

Yep Hankerson bit was written Monday- then I forgot to remove it when injury news came out later that evening- had some real-life distractions and a Redskins fantasy WR's health slipped my mind.

Hey JUM, just wanted to say I hope all is well. I was saddened to see the note when I went to check your column on Tuesday.

Okay I'll bite on the part about teams being out of it not being able to trade... While I agree that more scrutiny should be used when teams who are in it are trading with those who are out of it (but even then the teams who paid their dues should still be allowed to acquire the guys they want, assuming it passes the smell test and they can justify how it improves their team), but you're really going to argue that you shouldn't be able to look to the future and sell off your studs to improve your draft standing or keepers in a keeper/dynasty league? Why would you even play in one of those leagues if you aren't allowed to consider the future along with the present?

In most dynasty leagues, teams very frequently sell studs for draft picks when it looks like their out of it... There were actually some hard feelings in LLD this year, when a rebuilding team sold off Rodgers for future draft picks, but that was a matter of opinion, and the trade was completely legitimate.... The rebuilding team was looking out for his future, while the competing team sold his future prospects to land Rodgers. REally, what is such a huge problem about that?

Should the Bengals be chastised for letting go of Palmer to improve their future draft picks? Because they might have effectively allowed Oakland to get into the playoffs and slight someone else, so something needs to be done to restore the competitive balance of the NFL, right? Do you see how silly that sounds? People get into keeper and dynasty leagues to form and rebuild teams they can retain for the long haul, so who are you to say that they're not allowed to look at the long term prospects of their team, rather than worry about "fairness" for a race that they're frankly out of...

Of course that doesn't mean that you should allow roster dumping where you're giving up the player for nothing (I consider that casual collusion), and when a trades look fishy the trading parties should have to be able to justify how they believe it improves their teams... But even in that example you gave, that trade isn't even that bad if the team getting Wallace needs WR help and can take the hit at QB, and even moreso if he believes that Rivers rebounds next year. I could totally see how someone could find that trade advantageous, especially if Rodgers was their only really good player.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised after the CJ thread last year, but it's amazing how you go on about banging the gavel any time something happens that you don't like... That might work in your leagues where there's a certain expectation of knowledge and consensus about what moves aren't good, but to recommend that to any questionable commish and league that they should be banging their gavel on what they THINK are fair trades or not? You're only increasing the number of terrible vetoes that stand to destroy leagues, as biases prevail and retaliation ensues for legitimate trades getting shot down.

In short, I don't think this is a subject you should be so black-and-white opinionated on, when you're offering insight for FF players of all skill levels; And you're flat out wrong that you shouldn't allow teams to take steps to rebuild in keeper and dynasty leagues. It's a hugh part of the game, and I'm definitely glad I'm not in your leagues...

(ETA: with all that said, I do hope everything is better with you now, and as always I enjoyed the column otherwise)

Edited by delusions of granduer

Not so rare....Eagles doing it the very next week after playing a 4:15 Sunday game against NE, then traveling to play Seattle on Thursday night.

So I noticed this in today's JUMbotron:

"The next 3 QBs to face the Bengals are Joe Flacco, Colt McCoy, Ben Roethlisberger, and Matt Leinart."

My first reaction was to chuckle and note you must not be a big Leinart fan. Then I kept reading, so now I"m wondering if it's Flacco or McCoy you don't like, lol. :wacko:

delusions said: "I'm definitely glad I'm not in your leagues"

I'm glad too, we'd be like angry Mountain sheep butting heads at Cameron Pass! :tup:

Appreciate the passionate post, bro'

I gotta respect you sticking to your guns, that's for sure :wacko:

It just strikes a nerve when I see commishes and leagues who don't know what the hell they're doing gain credence that their biased views about "fair" trades are justified... As you see around the Huddle all season long, what seems like a noble proposition in maintaining the integrity and balance of your league can quickly transform into an ugly monster of distrust and antagonism when one party thinks that they know what's "best" for another one... I assume you'd be singing a different tune if a trade for one of your JUMbo sleepers got shot down because the commish simply didn't have the same opinion on his value that you did.

I have tremendous respect your opinion on most matters, but the playoff contenders are not the only ones who've paid to play.... If you lay your cash down, then outside of dumping for no reason (rebuilding is a very legitimate reason) or collusion, you let people get their money's worth by managing their team as they see fit.

It just strikes a nerve when I see commishes and leagues who don't know what the hell they're doing gain credence that their biased views about "fair" trades are justified... As you see around the Huddle all season long, what seems like a noble proposition in maintaining the integrity and balance of your league can quickly transform into an ugly monster of distrust and antagonism when one party thinks that they know what's "best" for another one... I assume you'd be singing a different tune if a trade for one of your JUMbo sleepers got shot down because the commish simply didn't have the same opinion on his value that you did.

I have tremendous respect your opinion on most matters, but the playoff contenders are not the only ones who've paid to play.... If you lay your cash down, then outside of dumping for no reason (rebuilding is a very legitimate reason) or collusion, you let people get their money's worth by managing their team as they see fit.

I'm all black and white. No gray. :tup: Bogus is bogus. And if I wrote in gray no one would pay attention anyway, right?

I am likely to be kicked out of one of my leagues for adamantly protesting a trade this season.

I didn't tell anyone to veto it, I just pressed the issue with the two guys in the trade until I had found holes in their reasoning and jumped all over it. The league agreed with me at first, but as the two involved in the trade got passionately angry that I would call them "cheaters" that the rest of the league thinks im taking the fun out of it.

Sorry but if you are going to put up money and make verbal agreements of integrity before the season Im going to be that guy. If you are playing a free league, you should let it go... I have another league that the commish changed the draft order for one week so he could get Murray. Oh well, I won't play in his league again (nor allow him in mine next year).

The earlier the trade deadline, the less issues...our trade deadline in my local was this past Wednesday, used to be after week 11. It has helped.

Edited by SecondString